Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Timeless New Acquisitions!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#81 of 140 OFFLINE   Bob Gu

Bob Gu

Supporting Actor

• 688 posts

Posted October 26 2013 - 07:19 PM

Richard, I just finished watching Mackenzie's Raiders and I thought the prints looked excellent along the same ZIV line as Sea Hunt and Harbor Command.I also thought the show was interesting and better written than I had expected.

#82 of 140 OFFLINE   Silverking

Silverking

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted October 27 2013 - 01:57 PM

Well, you must have been burning the midnight oil to have watched the whole set so quickly Bob.It will take me about a six months at least.

Have checked it though & I agree the prints look excellent, looks like a solid entry in the western genre.

Edited by Silverking, October 27 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#83 of 140 OFFLINE   Richard Gallagher

Richard Gallagher

Producer

• 3,311 posts
  • LocationFishkill, NY

Posted October 27 2013 - 05:38 PM

Richard, I just finished watching Mackenzie's Raiders and I thought the prints looked excellent along the same ZIV line as Sea Hunt and Harbor Command.I also thought the show was interesting and better written than I had expected.

Thanks, Bob. I'm not surprised because I have been very happy with the ZIV programs which have been released on DVD to date.

Rich Gallagher

#84 of 140 OFFLINE   Cowboy

Cowboy

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted November 01 2013 - 04:20 PM

Picked up Mackenzie's Raiders as a blind buy.The other black and white

blind buys were worth it: Stoney Burke,Ripcord,Sea Hunt.

#85 of 140 OFFLINE   Cowboy

Cowboy

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted November 09 2013 - 09:53 AM

I just got Mackenzie's Raiders set.On the box it says "note:does not contain "Death Road"-Ep.38"

Any information on why this is missing?

#86 of 140 OFFLINE   LouA

LouA

Supporting Actor

• 719 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted November 11 2013 - 05:17 PM

Anyone noticed a lack of announcements from Timeless lately? Let's hope we see some new ZIV releases soon. For the time being , Waterfront , Everglades , and World Of Giants would be nice!

#87 of 140 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,507 posts

Posted November 11 2013 - 06:25 PM

If Shout is striking up deals with Fox once again, then the Timeless label remains the perfect one to handle the B/W Four Star catalog.

#88 of 140 OFFLINE   oldtvshowbuff

oldtvshowbuff

Second Unit

• 405 posts

Posted November 11 2013 - 07:04 PM

If Shout is striking up deals with Fox once again, then the Timeless label remains the perfect one to handle the B/W Four Star catalog.

I'd go for Zane Grey Theater, in which several episodes were pilots that spawned such series as Trackdown, Black Saddle, Johnny Ringo, and The Westerner. Crime dramas like The Detectives starring Robert Taylor, Dante, starring Howard Duff, Target: The Corruptors, and The Dick Powell Show/Theater would be ideal candidates, for the last one listed here had pilots that also spawned a couple of series, Burke's Law and Saints and Sinners

#89 of 140 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,507 posts

Posted November 11 2013 - 07:22 PM

First and foremost though, a complete "Burke's Law" and then "The Rogues"!

#90 of 140 OFFLINE   Darby67

Darby67

Second Unit

• 378 posts

Posted November 11 2013 - 08:00 PM

I'm still hoping Timeless comes through with a complete series release of The Rebel.

Darby

#91 of 140 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,628 posts

Posted November 11 2013 - 08:10 PM

I'm still hoping Timeless comes through with a complete series release of The Rebel.

Darby

Keep those fingers crossed, Darby.  :)

Gary "I believe we will see this one sooner rather than later" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#92 of 140 OFFLINE   Darby67

Darby67

Second Unit

• 378 posts

Posted November 11 2013 - 08:17 PM

Thanks for the encouragement, Gary.  I have made several blind buys of tv show sets (either season or complete series) based the the opinions of HTF members like yourself and I have never been disappointed.  So, a big thank you to my fellow HTF'ers for sharing their insights.

Fingers and toes crossed  :)

Darby

#93 of 140 OFFLINE   LouA

LouA

Supporting Actor

• 719 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted November 12 2013 - 06:19 PM

Four Star has a lot of interesting shows like Hey Jeannie , Target The Corrupters , Trackdown, Johnny Ringo , The Westerner, Mr Adams And Eve, Tom Ewell Show ,  McKeever And The Colonel, Hollywood A Gogo, LLoyd Bridges Show , Black  Saddle , Richard Diamond , Smothers Brothers , etc.  not to mention the rest of Big Valley . Let's hope Shout/Timeless makes some deals for Four Star shows!

#94 of 140 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,371 posts

Posted November 12 2013 - 08:32 PM

Having watched their release of ZIV's West Point I'd like to see them put out it's "Sister Show" Annapolis.

Edited by Regulus, November 12 2013 - 08:33 PM.

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 40,132    :biggrin:   ( 847 Series )  :B)  Movies - 2,538 :B)   Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B) Documentaries  500 :B)

#95 of 140 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,457 posts

Posted November 12 2013 - 10:13 PM

Four Star has a lot of interesting shows like Hey Jeannie , Target The Corrupters , Trackdown, Johnny Ringo , The Westerner, Mr Adams And Eve, Tom Ewell Show ,  McKeever And The Colonel, Hollywood A Gogo, LLoyd Bridges Show , Black  Saddle , Richard Diamond , Smothers Brothers , etc.  not to mention the rest of Big Valley . Let's hope Shout/Timeless makes some deals for Four Star shows!

I'm really hoping for a redo of Big Valley on blu--with no !#$!#@% double-sided discs this time. Mine jammed up real good the first time I played them. Enough of such nonsense. I think only blu-ray can bring the beautiful color cinematography of Big Valley back to life. And give us some extras--half the cast is still alive!!

Edited by Ethan Riley, November 12 2013 - 10:14 PM.

#96 of 140 OFFLINE   Richard Gallagher

Richard Gallagher

Producer

• 3,311 posts
  • LocationFishkill, NY

Posted November 13 2013 - 08:47 PM

It's included in Deep Discount's current 25% off sale so I was able to pick it up for $18.34.

Rich Gallagher

#97 of 140 OFFLINE   Darby67

Darby67

Second Unit

• 378 posts

Posted January 21 2014 - 05:36 PM

POPULAR

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]I recently emailed Timeless Media Group about several television series including The Rebel and received the following response: "The Rebel is a title we have been looking into acquiring.  We are waiting for some final episodes before we can release it."[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]I don't want to get too excited, but it is certainly encouraging.[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Darby[/font]

#98 of 140 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,329 posts

Posted February 16 2015 - 09:01 AM

Darby

On its way!!

#99 of 140 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,758 posts

Posted February 16 2015 - 11:21 AM

On its way!!

And I hope it's with Johnny Cash's original song instead of the generic instrumental on the syndicated prints.

See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#100 of 140 OFFLINE   Silverking

Silverking

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted February 16 2015 - 02:29 PM

POPULAR

I heard that they were missing a couple of episodes which was causing the delay but have now secured another set of prints so I  would endorse Neill's comment that it is on the way.

Don't know if it will include the original Johnny Cash theme though.

As they are also releasing 'Science Fiction Theater' which was the last of the Ziv titles they acquired it will be interesting to see where they go next, if at all.

My preference would be the 4 Star catalogue & a couple more Ziv series 'I led 3 Lives' 'Man Called X' Boston Blackie'.

hopefully keeping the old B/W series alive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users