Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Timeless New Acquisitions!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61 of 97 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 2,016 posts

Posted February 13 2013 - 09:58 AM

With Bearcats! announced today, joining earlier announcements of Tomstone, West Poit, Stoney Burke and LM's The Lawbreakers, it seems like Timeless has stayed in the game and kept the ball rolling for those of us who love old, classic series. Here's hoping that they continue this streak -- how about getting in with some Hal Roach STudio stuff and more 4-Stars and Revue TV shows! Good stuff!

But will BARECATS include the pilot movie? :)

#62 of 97 OFFLINE   borisfw

borisfw

Supporting Actor

• 849 posts

Posted February 14 2013 - 02:29 AM

But will BARECATS include the pilot movie? :)

I hope the pilot movie is included .

#63 of 97 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,321 posts

Posted February 14 2013 - 07:12 AM

I'm getting that Rod Taylor rarity for sure. Another obscure road series I can dream to see coming from them, is Movin' On (1974 and 1972 pilot) with Claude Akins and Frank Converse.

#64 of 97 OFFLINE   Joe Lugoff

Joe Lugoff

Screenwriter

• 2,029 posts

Posted February 15 2013 - 08:20 AM

Word I'm getting is that a snag has been hit and only item one on your list may be scratchable. If things don't get worked out, that would really be unfortunate as I was looking forward to SFT more than any of the other titles.

This is my fault, because nothing is going right for me this year. SFT was the only one I wanted so it doesn't surprise me that it's the one that won't happen. I'm wondering what snags could develop on an almost 60-year-old television series. Do the rights holders honestly think they could get a better deal? :confused:

#65 of 97 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,600 posts

Posted February 15 2013 - 08:32 AM

This is my fault, because nothing is going right for me this year. SFT was the only one I wanted so it doesn't surprise me that it's the one that won't happen. I'm wondering what snags could develop on an almost 60-year-old television series. Do the rights holders honestly think they could get a better deal? :confused:

Maybe it's more of a problem with usable elements? :confused:
See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#66 of 97 OFFLINE   Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,201 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted February 15 2013 - 11:06 AM

I'm getting that Rod Taylor rarity for sure. Another obscure road series I can dream to see coming from them, is Movin' On (1974 and 1972 pilot) with Claude Akins and Frank Converse.

I'm thinking there were elements issues on those. I remember seeing them for sale on a "gray market" site before and the claim was the masters were lost and all that was available were the handful of episodes collectors had recorded. Now could this have been their way of selling their product and the original elements actually exist? Possible. :rolleyes:

Find me on Facebook

My blog

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed

Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

#67 of 97 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 2,016 posts

Posted February 19 2013 - 04:57 AM

I'm thinking there were elements issues on those. I remember seeing them for sale on a "gray market" site before and the claim was the masters were lost and all that was available were the handful of episodes collectors had recorded. Now could this have been their way of selling their product and the original elements actually exist? Possible. :rolleyes:

Peter Rogers Org. Has the TV Syndication rights on MOVIN' ON and they are currently airing on the RTV Network.

#68 of 97 OFFLINE   Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,201 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted February 19 2013 - 05:22 AM

Peter Rogers Org. Has the TV Syndication rights on MOVIN' ON and they are currently airing on the RTV Network.

Thanks. It's been several years since I had thought about the show and I suppose that claim was made by the particular site to sell THEIR copies. :(

Find me on Facebook

My blog

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed

Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

#69 of 97 OFFLINE   Wvtvguy

Wvtvguy

Stunt Coordinator

• 117 posts

Posted August 01 2013 - 02:14 AM

I know both "Name of the Game" & "The Bold Ones" were mentioned in this thread. I wondered if there were any updates. Unlikely I know.

#70 of 97 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,479 posts

Posted August 14 2013 - 02:06 PM

Anyone have any inside info on if Timeless plans to release Season 2 and 3 of Tombstone Territory before the end of the year or will it be next year or not at all? Season 2 had only 12 episodes before the show went syndicated in Season 3 for another full season. So I figure Season 2 and 3 would be released together. I've enjoyed this blind buy much more than I thought I would,

• Gary OS likes this
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#71 of 97 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,600 posts

Posted August 15 2013 - 11:31 AM

Man, it seems the Timeless releases have dropped to a trickle of previous years, maybe they have just mined most of what is available to them.  I would still like to see them re-release seasons 3&4 of Laramie with better elements that they supposedly have found.

• Randy Korstick likes this
See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#72 of 97 OFFLINE   Darby67

Darby67

Second Unit

• 319 posts

Posted August 15 2013 - 02:47 PM

I really hope Timeless comes through with a complete series release of The Rebel with uncut episodes.

#73 of 97 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,585 posts

Posted August 15 2013 - 03:05 PM

Man, it seems the Timeless releases have dropped to a trickle of previous years, maybe they have just mined most of what is available to them.  I would still like to see them re-release seasons 3&4 of Laramie with better elements that they supposedly have found.

I really hope Timeless comes through with a complete series release of The Rebel with uncut episodes.

I'm kind of breaking my self-imposed silence when it comes to such information, but...  I've heard rumblings of both these for some time now but yet we haven't had official release news for either yet.  I think elements may be an issue, but I honestly can't remember what was shared with me some time back.  All I can say is we'll have to keep our fingers crossed.  I'd certainly be interested in both new transfers/sets for Laramie S3/S4 and The Rebel

Gary "unfortunately I do think the takeover of Timeless from Shout a while back is finally taking its toll in a negative way (which is what many of us feared from the very beginning)" O.

• Jeff Willis and Professor Echo like this
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#74 of 97 OFFLINE   maskedmala

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator

• 161 posts

Posted August 15 2013 - 03:40 PM

Gary "unfortunately I do think the takeover of Timeless from Shout a while back is finally taking its toll in a negative way (which is what many of us feared from the very beginning)" O.

Hopefully TGG will release more B&W TV sets (their latest being RIPCORD)
  • Randy Korstick likes this

#75 of 97 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,154 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 10:27 PM

I know both "Name of the Game" & "The Bold Ones" were mentioned in this thread. I wondered if there were any updates. Unlikely I know.

No deal in place yet but the research has been completed on music clearances so it is getting closer to becoming a reality.

#76 of 97 OFFLINE   FanCollector

FanCollector

Producer

• 4,334 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 10:40 PM

These would be terrific, and given the excellent and quick work Timeless did with The Virginian, they are ideally suited to The Name of the Game.

#77 of 97 OFFLINE   Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?

• 1,343 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted October 24 2013 - 07:20 AM

Gene Barry, Tony Franciosa, Robert Stack... all gone now. Sad. I loved "Name of the Game" as a kid. I wonder if they have to get a clearance from "People" magazine. ;) 

#78 of 97 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 2,016 posts

Posted October 25 2013 - 12:00 AM

I wonder if they have to get a clearance from "People" magazine.

Wonderful, give them an excuse NOT to release the certain episodes!(Even if it pre-dates the real Magazine by several years) *face-palm*

#79 of 97 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,154 posts

Posted October 25 2013 - 08:28 AM

NOTG has a 2-part third season episode which takes place in Las Vegas and is essentially nothing but music performances. I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing that one any time soon, even if they do release the series.

#80 of 97 OFFLINE   Richard Gallagher

Richard Gallagher

Producer

• 3,130 posts
  • LocationFishkill, NY

Posted October 26 2013 - 06:39 PM

Has anyone picked up the MacKenzie's Raiders set? Comments on the quality of the transfers?

Rich Gallagher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users