What's new

Blu Ray 3d players for $200 and under (1 Viewer)

MarkSchro

Stunt Coordinator
I am in the market for my first Blu Ray player. I finally upgraded by TV, my old tv was component but now that I can finally use HDMI I am looking for a Blu Ray 3D for $200 and under. I would love to get the oppo but it is out of my budget. After going through lots of posts and reading reviews it sounds like one of the panasonic players fit into my budget. The DMP-BDT220 or BDT320 look good on spec but does anyone have any advice on these players or any player that would fit into my budget? If it matters the Blu ray will plug into a Denon AVR3312 and sent to a vizio 65" LED.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I LOVE my Pan. 220. It's a great player, DVD upscaler and Netflix streamer in 1080p. Which Pan. model you buy depends on the features you need.

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
I have the Panasonic DMP-BDT110 and it has been a great player. I highly recommend the Panasonic 3D players.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I am currently installing the Panny BDT-320 at a client's home, and it's a nice little unit (it's really slim, thanks to its slot loading drive). It's been selling in the $150 range, and is 3D capable plus Netflix, Amazon, and other streaming apps. The only thing I'm not completely sold on is the new remote style. Basically, they've moved most of the buttons on-screen, and you use the touchpad on the remote to navigate.

I'll report later how well the player works with a universal remote like the Harmony 900 and/or if it is fully compatible with the older Panny BD remotes.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Toddwrtr /t/320878/blu-ray-3d-players-for-200-and-under#post_3928194
I am currently installing the Panny BDT-320 at a client's home, and it's a nice little unit (it's really slim, thanks to its slot loading drive). It's been selling in the $150 range, and is 3D capable plus Netflix, Amazon, and other streaming apps. The only thing I'm not completely sold on is the new remote style. Basically, they've moved most of the buttons on-screen, and you use the touchpad on the remote to navigate.

I'll report later how well the player works with a universal remote like the Harmony 900 and/or if it is fully compatible with the older Panny BD remotes.
Todd-
I bet it supports all the IR codes from previous models, try using the codes from the 310. I have been using a old discrete power off code from several years ago with my newer Panasonic players. I second everyones opinion here. For your price range you can't go wrong with a Panasonic player. I have a 300 and 310.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Adam, I'm taking the remote from my BD60 with me today. I noticed when I replaced my COX cable remote with a newer one over the weekend that there was only one remote code for Panasonic BD players, so any older codes should work.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
To clarify, I'm installing several BDT-320's....... they are not that difficult to install.

Originally Posted by Toddwrtr /t/320878/blu-ray-3d-players-for-200-and-under#post_3928194

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks