Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
DVD Reviews

Up All Night with Robert Downey Sr.: Eclipse Series 33 DVD Review

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,001 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted May 20 2012 - 01:02 PM

Provocative is hardly an adequate word to describe the underground films of Robert Downey, Sr. Yes, the elder Downey who had success as an athlete (boxer, baseball player) in his youth became known as a playwright and an avant garde filmmaker using some of the same New York City talent pool as his fellow provocateur Andy Warhol. The five films in this latest Eclipse box set show his filmmaking technique maturing over the years, but they all remain angry bursts of rather bitter satire from someone for whom the word status quo is dirty and miserably wrong.

http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B007A9EGFE

http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B007A9EGFE

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Coressel

Coressel

Supporting Actor

• 668 posts

Posted May 21 2012 - 06:20 AM

Looking forward, in a sado-masochistic sort of way, to seeing these, even though Downey Sr.'s "Greaser's Palace," the only film to which my wife once said "OH MY GOD TURN THAT CRAP OFF," isn't included.  

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,001 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted May 21 2012 - 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coressel /t/320860/up-all-night-with-robert-downey-sr-eclipse-series-33-dvd-review#post_3927787 Looking forward, in a sado-masochistic sort of way, to seeing these, even though Downey Sr.'s "Greaser's Palace," the only film to which my wife once said "OH MY GOD TURN THAT CRAP OFF," isn't included.  
 She may very definitely have the same reaction to some of the films in this box.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,316 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted May 21 2012 - 08:15 AM

At first glance this seems like something I'd be all over -- at least something to try, with a good chance that I'd walk away appreciating some of it.  But man, it sure does sound like some rough going!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users