Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Dictator - quick review

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,597 posts

Posted May 20 2012 - 02:14 AM

"The Dictator" is the type of film that writes itself, and it's more about restraint that determines if the movie works as a whole, instead of a lot of set-up/punchline scenes. I think it's funnier in small bits, than as a good storyline (dictator goes to the US, and gets doubled-cross by his inner circle and has to roam the streets of NYC figuring it out, but through decades of being catered to for his neediest whims). I don't think it's as hilariously funny as Borat, and there are some scenes that are really crudely drawn to showcase this dictator's despotic tendencies with his enemies in his region of the world. But you pretty know what you'l get with a Sacha Baron Cohen film, and while not quite a home run, it's a good stand-up double. I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of B-.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users