What's new

Ladyhawke blue Ray (1 Viewer)

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
http://www.deepdiscount.com/bluray/ladyhawke-1985-blu-ray/
Not sure what region code this is,DD sells BRs that won't play here

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
Just found out its Japanese so no problem with region code,wonder if storaro got hold of it and cropped it

Greg_D_R

Stunt Coordinator
The people on AVS forum seem to like it a lot, I may pick it up:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1317697&page=2

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't buy it from Deepdiscount -- even importing it is cheaper than paying that (try Amazon UK, or DDDHouse.com in Korea).
It's a Fox release so it's region free -- and the same disc -- no matter where you buy it from. It's not cropped (it's 2.35) and has DTS MA and the trailer.
Good looking transfer too. If you like the film, buy it! :)

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
HMV Japan has it on sale ,but you need to buy another title in the same group sale,comes out to 50+

RafaelB

Second Unit
I just got this from amazon.it yesterday, It looks and sounds great! One questions, though. The opening credits are windowboxed. Is there a reason for that?

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
RafaelB said:
I just got this from amazon.it yesterday, It looks and sounds great! One questions, though. The opening credits are windowboxed. Is there a reason for that?
I got mine yesterday from amazon.de (Germany) and didn't notice windowboxed credits on my copy. The quality is superb BTW, even though they might have used a bit of DNR to acheive this look. I don't have as big a problem with DNR as most here do.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
battlebeast said:
Are all Fox releases - DVD and Blu -  region free?
My copy is Region B, I have a region free Oppo Bluray player. i couldnt tell you about other Fox releases.

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Battlebeast good question I did buy my copy of Ladyhawke from Deep Discount so it is region free. I do purchase many Region B Blu-ray from Amazon.UK because of availability and price. I have several Region-Free Blu-ray players so I don't concern myself with the region code of the Blu-ray. I am going to check some of the Fox titles I purchased from Amazon.UK to see if they are all region-free.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by battlebeast
Are all Fox releases - DVD and Blu - region free?
I don't have a region-free player, but I know from reviewing Fox product that the cases are almost always clearly marked Region A for Blu-ray and Region 1 for DVDs. I have rarely seen A-B-C for Fox product (though I see that often on Disney Blu-rays).

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
Richard V said:
My copy is Region B, I have a region free Oppo Bluray player. i couldnt tell you about other Fox releases.
Did you check the disc or reading the back of the cover? I own the Swedish release and the disc is the same as the one issued in Germany and plays perfectly fine on my Region A locked BD player.. I even get an FBI warning during start-up on that player but not on my Region B locked BD player. Doesn't make sense to not make it work in Region A when the disc sports Brazil Portuguese in the audio and subtitle selection. Fox is using the same disc on mulitple continents and territories so it is region free. OFDB.de confirms this too: http://www.ofdb.de/view.php?page=fassung&fid=4944&vid=320582

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Ferdinand Hudson said:
Did you check the disc or reading the back of the cover? I own the Swedish release and the disc is the same as the one issued in Germany and plays perfectly fine on my Region A locked BD player.. I even get an FBI warning during start-up on that player but not on my Region B locked BD player. Doesn't make sense to not make it work in Region A when the disc sports Brazil Portuguese in the audio and subtitle selection. Fox is using the same disc on mulitple continents and territories so it is region free. OFDB.de confirms this too: http://www.ofdb.de/view.php?page=fassung&fid=4944&vid=320582
Didn't read the disc cover. Here are the specs from the amazon.de product page. Produktinformation Darsteller: Rutger Hauer, Matthew Broderick, John Wood, Michelle Pfeiffer, Leo McKern Regisseur(e): Richard Donner Format: Widescreen Sprache: Deutsch (DTS 5.1), Italienisch (Dolby Digital 5.1), Englisch (DTS-HD 5.1), Französisch (DTS 5.1), Spanisch (Dolby Digital 5.1) Untertitel: Deutsch, Französisch, Italienisch, Spanisch, Türkisch Region: Region B/2

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
Richard V said:
Didn't read the disc cover. Here are the specs from the amazon.de product page. Produktinformation Darsteller: Rutger Hauer, Matthew Broderick, John Wood, Michelle Pfeiffer, Leo McKern Regisseur(e): Richard Donner Format: Widescreen Sprache: Deutsch (DTS 5.1), Italienisch (Dolby Digital 5.1), Englisch (DTS-HD 5.1), Französisch (DTS 5.1), Spanisch (Dolby Digital 5.1) Untertitel: Deutsch, Französisch, Italienisch, Spanisch, Türkisch Region: Region B/2
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Never, ever trust Amazon specs. Even if they are correct get a second opinion. The specs above are both incomplete (audio/subtitles) and incorrect (region).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks