-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Ladyhawke blue Ray

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 of 15 Peter Neski

Peter Neski

Supporting Actor

• 886 posts

Posted May 19 2012 - 06:50 AM

http://www.deepdisco...e-1985-blu-ray/ Not sure what region code this is,DD sells BRs that won't play here

#2 of 15 Peter Neski

Peter Neski

Supporting Actor

• 886 posts

Posted May 19 2012 - 07:43 AM

Just found out its Japanese so no problem with region code,wonder if storaro got hold of it and cropped it

#3 of 15 Greg_D_R

Greg_D_R

Stunt Coordinator

• 214 posts

Posted May 20 2012 - 03:42 AM

The people on AVS forum seem to like it a lot, I may pick it up: http://www.avsforum....=1317697&page=2

#4 of 15 Mike_Richardson

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

• 639 posts

Posted May 21 2012 - 03:10 AM

I wouldn't buy it from Deepdiscount -- even importing it is cheaper than paying that (try Amazon UK, or DDDHouse.com in Korea). It's a Fox release so it's region free -- and the same disc -- no matter where you buy it from. It's not cropped (it's 2.35) and has DTS MA and the trailer. Good looking transfer too. If you like the film, buy it! :)

#5 of 15 Peter Neski

Peter Neski

Supporting Actor

• 886 posts

Posted May 21 2012 - 05:28 AM

HMV Japan has it on sale ,but you need to buy another title in the same group sale,comes out to 50+

#6 of 15 RafaelB

RafaelB

Second Unit

• 448 posts

Posted June 10 2012 - 01:46 PM

I just got this from amazon.it yesterday, It looks and sounds great! One questions, though. The opening credits are windowboxed. Is there a reason for that?

#7 of 15 Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,501 posts

Posted January 08 2013 - 07:38 AM

I just got this from amazon.it yesterday, It looks and sounds great! One questions, though. The opening credits are windowboxed. Is there a reason for that?

I got mine yesterday from amazon.de (Germany) and didn't notice windowboxed credits on my copy. The quality is superb BTW, even though they might have used a bit of DNR to acheive this look. I don't have as big a problem with DNR as most here do.
See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#8 of 15 battlebeast

battlebeast

Supporting Actor

• 695 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted January 09 2013 - 03:46 PM

Are all Fox releases - DVD and Blu -  region free?

I recently watched all 485 Best pictures (plus about 10 others films) in 365 days! www.oscarmovs.com

#9 of 15 Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,501 posts

Posted January 10 2013 - 07:54 AM

My copy is Region B, I have a region free Oppo Bluray player. i couldnt tell you about other Fox releases.

#10 of 15 Ernest

Ernest

Supporting Actor

• 507 posts

Posted January 10 2013 - 08:10 AM

Battlebeast good question I did buy my copy of Ladyhawke from Deep Discount so it is region free. I do purchase many Region B Blu-ray from Amazon.UK because of availability and price. I have several Region-Free Blu-ray players so I don't concern myself with the region code of the Blu-ray. I am going to check some of the Fox titles I purchased from Amazon.UK to see if they are all region-free.

#11 of 15 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,823 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted January 10 2013 - 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by battlebeast 

I don't have a region-free player, but I know from reviewing Fox product that the cases are almost always clearly marked Region A for Blu-ray and Region 1 for DVDs. I have rarely seen A-B-C for Fox product (though I see that often on Disney Blu-rays).

#12 of 15 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 3,907 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted January 10 2013 - 08:22 AM

Not surprised it's region locked; Warner and Fox co-produced, and Warner has North American rights.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#13 of 15 Ferdinand Hudson

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator

• 88 posts

Posted January 10 2013 - 10:21 AM

My copy is Region B, I have a region free Oppo Bluray player. i couldnt tell you about other Fox releases.

Did you check the disc or reading the back of the cover? I own the Swedish release and the disc is the same as the one issued in Germany and plays perfectly fine on my Region A locked BD player.. I even get an FBI warning during start-up on that player but not on my Region B locked BD player. Doesn't make sense to not make it work in Region A when the disc sports Brazil Portuguese in the audio and subtitle selection. Fox is using the same disc on mulitple continents and territories so it is region free. OFDB.de confirms this too: http://www.ofdb.de/v...4944&vid=320582

#14 of 15 Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,501 posts

Posted January 10 2013 - 10:28 AM

Did you check the disc or reading the back of the cover? I own the Swedish release and the disc is the same as the one issued in Germany and plays perfectly fine on my Region A locked BD player.. I even get an FBI warning during start-up on that player but not on my Region B locked BD player. Doesn't make sense to not make it work in Region A when the disc sports Brazil Portuguese in the audio and subtitle selection. Fox is using the same disc on mulitple continents and territories so it is region free. OFDB.de confirms this too: http://www.ofdb.de/v...4944&vid=320582

Didn't read the disc cover. Here are the specs from the amazon.de product page. Produktinformation Darsteller: Rutger Hauer, Matthew Broderick, John Wood, Michelle Pfeiffer, Leo McKern Regisseur(e): Richard Donner Format: Widescreen Sprache: Deutsch (DTS 5.1), Italienisch (Dolby Digital 5.1), Englisch (DTS-HD 5.1), Französisch (DTS 5.1), Spanisch (Dolby Digital 5.1) Untertitel: Deutsch, Französisch, Italienisch, Spanisch, Türkisch Region: Region B/2

#15 of 15 Ferdinand Hudson

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator

• 88 posts

Posted January 10 2013 - 10:38 AM

Didn't read the disc cover. Here are the specs from the amazon.de product page. Produktinformation Darsteller: Rutger Hauer, Matthew Broderick, John Wood, Michelle Pfeiffer, Leo McKern Regisseur(e): Richard Donner Format: Widescreen Sprache: Deutsch (DTS 5.1), Italienisch (Dolby Digital 5.1), Englisch (DTS-HD 5.1), Französisch (DTS 5.1), Spanisch (Dolby Digital 5.1) Untertitel: Deutsch, Französisch, Italienisch, Spanisch, Türkisch Region: Region B/2

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Never, ever trust Amazon specs. Even if they are correct get a second opinion. The specs above are both incomplete (audio/subtitles) and incorrect (region).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users