-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Peter Gunn - The Complete Series coming soon from Timeless

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 Kruzer31

Kruzer31

Agent

• 25 posts

Posted May 18 2012 - 08:45 AM

Timeless Media Group's website lists Peter Gunn - The complete series as coming soon. No street date is given. The cover art and a brief overview are there. It is a 12 disc set. Also the Peter Graves series Whiplash is listed as coming soon

#2 of 12 smithb

smithb

Screenwriter

• 1,536 posts

Posted May 18 2012 - 01:35 PM

The good thing about the A&E releases going OOP is that it ups there resale value. So on Amazon right now you can actually trade in the first two A&E releases fors around $35 total. Going ebay or marketplace takes more work but would probably bring in even more. So figuring the Timeless release will probably work down to about $39 at Sam's and other places eventually, you could almost get the whoe thing for free. Now the big question is what prints did they use. I'm figuring no worse then the A&E prints.

#3 of 12 Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,881 posts

Posted May 19 2012 - 04:29 AM

WOW!!!! I've been waiting forever for this! it was such a great show- Lola Albright was a goddess as Edie Hart, and I could never understand why Blake Edwards replaced her with Laura Devon in the 1960s Gunn film, as Lola was still getting big parts at the time and looked fabulous. I still have the A&E sets, so I guess can get rid of them!
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#4 of 12 Ed Lachmann

Ed Lachmann

Supporting Actor

• 546 posts

Posted May 19 2012 - 07:25 AM

I would hope that they will be using the prints and/or transfers utilized for the Season One and Season Two sets of PETER GUNN released in the UK a couple years ago by Liberation Entertainment. Of course, those are long OOP, but the image quality was stunning. These must have been mastered from pristine 35mm prints. I recall that on their website it stated that Liberation also owned the rights to MR. LUCKY and MR. ADAMS AND EVE and were planning releases in the future, So, with luck, we may see even more treasures from Timeless in the future.

#5 of 12 Jack P

Jack P

Screenwriter

• 2,975 posts

Posted May 19 2012 - 09:15 AM

If "Mr. Adams And Eve" is a possible DVD release that would be a surprise since my understanding was that only one episode existed.

#6 of 12 Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,881 posts

Posted May 19 2012 - 11:19 AM

That's one show I've always wanted to see- I love Ida Lupino!
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#7 of 12 Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald

Screenwriter

• 1,605 posts

Posted May 19 2012 - 02:23 PM

I would hope that they will be using the prints and/or transfers utilized for the Season One and Season Two sets of PETER GUNN released in the UK a couple years ago by Liberation Entertainment. Of course, those are long OOP, but the image quality was stunning. These must have been mastered from pristine 35mm prints. I recall that on their website it stated that Liberation also owned the rights to MR. LUCKY and MR. ADAMS AND EVE and were planning releases in the future, So, with luck, we may see even more treasures from Timeless in the future.

I don't know one way or the other about who has MR. ADAMS AND EVE, but I think Timeless may indeed be getting PETER GUNN from (the former) Liberation Entertainment (now Camelot Entertainment Group), because evidence suggests that Liberation/Camelot looks like the source from which Timeless licensed THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD, THE ADVENTURES OF SIR LANCELOT, THE BUCCANEERS and the upcoming YANCY DERRINGER set. If this is true, perhaps we'll also eventually get MR. LUCKY and a good-looking, legit set of DECOY (starring Beverly Garland). Here is what Camelot lists as their TV series holdings : http://www.cameloten...library/tv.html --although the page has a 2011 copyright, so things could've changed.

My Current Damage at DVD Aficionado

Wanted in R1: UNEARTHLY STRANGER ('63) / IF I HAD A MILLION ('32) / THE FACE BEHIND THE MASK ('41) / IT CONQUERED THE WORLD ('56) / TERROR ABOARD ('33) / DANGER ROUTE ('68) / THE BLISS OF MRS. BLOSSOM ('68) / GUNN ('67) / ZOO IN BUDAPEST ('33) / THE SEA WOLF ('41) / DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS ('63, restored) / ALAKAZAM THE GREAT ('60) / DARKER THAN AMBER ('70) / THEY WON'T BELIEVE ME ('47) / CROSSWINDS ('51) / JIVARO ('54)

Wanted TV-on-DVD: T.H.E. CAT (1966-67) / SUSPICION (1957-58) / WAY OUT (1961) / ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR (1962-65) / PANIC! (1957-58) / CORONET BLUE (1965) / DRAGNET ('50s) / NEW ADVENTURES OF HUCK FINN (1968) / BUS STOP (1961-62) / THE WESTERNER (1960) / THE IMMORTAL (1970) / BLUE LIGHT (1966) / TERRIERS (2010) / THE MAN WHO NEVER WAS (1966)

#8 of 12 Mister-Mike

Mister-Mike

Stunt Coordinator

• 63 posts

Posted May 20 2012 - 12:00 PM

All three seasons of Peter Gunn have been broadcast on MeTV in the States, and each episode starts with a Liberation Entertainment logo (same company that released the first two seasons on DVD in the UK). The quality of the prints (as seen on those DVDs and on TV for the third season) is miles ahead of the A&E ones, which were unbelievably bad (and some of which were cut, too, despite what it said on the boxes). By the way, I have a Peter Gunn page (http://www.mjq.net/petergunn) similar to what I have done for Hawaii Five-O if anyone is interested... :)

#9 of 12 smithb

smithb

Screenwriter

• 1,536 posts

Posted May 20 2012 - 12:39 PM

All three seasons of Peter Gunn have been broadcast on MeTV in the States, and each episode starts with a Liberation Entertainment logo (same company that released the first two seasons on DVD in the UK). The quality of the prints (as seen on those DVDs and on TV for the third season) is miles ahead of the A&E ones, which were unbelievably bad (and some of which were cut, too, despite what it said on the boxes). By the way, I have a Peter Gunn page (http://www.mjq.net/petergunn) similar to what I have done for Hawaii Five-O if anyone is interested... :)

Unfortunately, the ones used by RTV recently were not very good and cut. So we have to wait to see what Timeless ends up with.

#10 of 12 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,077 posts

Posted May 22 2012 - 09:48 AM

Certainly will get this Peter Gunn set from Timeless (along with their release of 87th Precinct). Being a detective/private detective series it's a series I'd be interested in seeing. And would also like to see a proper set for the Beverly Garland series Decoy as well.

#11 of 12 DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,942 posts

Posted May 22 2012 - 10:01 AM

Would have been nice if they released the colorized episodes! Those turned up in Australia a few years ago and were very nice. Yeh, I know, Peter Gunn is the ultimate cool B&W TV Film Noir - but the colorization was well done.

#12 of 12 Archie Goodwin

Archie Goodwin

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted May 23 2012 - 07:07 AM

Ooohh, I'd love to see Peter Gunn in color, ignoring all the P.C. opinions, I love colorized movies and TV shows. I didn't know P.Gunn was colorized, if only there was a release of the color set. Please let's not have a color/b/w debate, I've gone thru it many times before and still love color. You are more than welcome to your opinion, allow me the same privlege. But I will be more than happy to get the Timeless release, BUT I do hope they will be un-cut episodes. I have the RTV shows and on the plus side they do include the art-figure Peter Gunn logo before each commercial, but the RTV broadcasts consistently skipped about 3 Season 3 epiodes. They were somewhat edited but not really that bad compared to a Canadian cable channel's broadcasts.