What's new

Zone contoled by iphone, ipad, or android (1 Viewer)

Marcin

Auditioning
Real Name
Marcin
Hello
I'm trying to set it up in my house a multi zone in couple different rooms, and everything control by some wireless devices as i mention in my title. I need probably form 6 to 8 zones. I was looking on couple of receivers but I found 1 that can control 4 zones, that is yamaha rx a3010, but I still need to have addition 2 to 4 zones, and be able to listen to my inputs in my entire house. Can some one suggest something.. I'm going to start my project in a month so if some one has an idea, would be really appreciated. Thanks. M.
I was looking at Aton system but it uses key pads and i don't like that idea, and also I was looking at control4 system but I'm not that rich. I also would like to have 2 tv in my entire system and be able to use my inputs on those 2 Tvs, as for inputs I'm going to have a computer, free to air tv, apple Tv, 3D blue ray player, and form receiver ethernet radio.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Welcome Marcin! With that many zones you are better off going with a dedicated multisource music system, and not trying to use a multizone receiver. Most multizone systems do have keypads in the various rooms for source selection and volume control, but they aren't that intrusive if you gang them up with your light switches. These systems will allow you to engage party modes and a lot of other useful features. Aton, Russound and Niles are all great. If you are going to mostly use streaming or MP3 files look at Sonos. I have an installer friend who swears by them and we did a Sonos S5 review on site a while back. You can have full control over any iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Marcin

Auditioning
Real Name
Marcin
Thanks Adam.
I know Sonos, but I'm trying to use in ceiling speakers, and also try to go away form those "boxes" that I would have to use in every room, I'm looking for some system where I can store everything in one room.
Thanks. M.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Marcin /t/320822/zone-contoled-by-iphone-ipad-or-android#post_3926776
Thanks Adam.
I know Sonos, but I'm trying to use in ceiling speakers, and also try to go away form those "boxes" that I would have to use in every room, I'm looking for some system where I can store everything in one room.
Thanks. M.
You could do that with the Sonos. In the rooms with the TV get an inexpensive receiver for all your local source gear to connect to (Blu-ray, cable box, etc) and wire that to floor standing or in wall speakers. Connect a Sonus Connect up to the receivers in those two rooms. The connect could be with that gear. For the other 4-6 rooms get a Sonos Connect Amp for each room and put them in one closet somewhere. Run your speaker wire from each room without a receiver to your Sonos gear in that room. Its not cheap, but its an excellent solution and as long as you run the speaker wire during construction you can always start with a few rooms and add others on as your budget allows.

Marcin

Auditioning
Real Name
Marcin
Thanks Adam, but are there any other options that you think it will work?

Users who are viewing this thread