Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Re: Criterion's May Newsletter... does the sketch at the end...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,259 posts

Posted May 17 2012 - 08:19 AM

... suggest to you they might be about to release ON THE WATERFRONT? Pigeons, boxing glove, water...

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,305 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted May 17 2012 - 08:22 AM

Yes.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#3 of 4 ONLINE   Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 1,861 posts

Posted May 17 2012 - 05:10 PM

Sounds like it could be a contender to me.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   willyTass

willyTass

Second Unit

• 353 posts

Posted May 17 2012 - 10:12 PM

Why dont you mind your own business ?!!?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users