Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Denon AVR-1912 Receiver. Workaround for Wi-Fi.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   BluHT

BluHT

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted May 15 2012 - 06:51 PM

I recently bought a Denon AVR-1912 Receiver. I would like to provide internet access to it through my wi-fi network so I can easily access firmware updates and try out its online services. However, I understand the receiver does not have a wi-fi dongle, just an ethernet port. I've also heard that there are ways to "work around" this issue, though I don't know how. What are the specific ways to work around the absence of a wi-fi dongle (aside from using a hardwired Ethernet connection)?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,550 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted May 16 2012 - 08:58 AM

You would need to either provide a wire to it or use a commonly available wireless bridge attached to your network. This is not a work around, it is a standard practice when trying to add wireless connectivity to devices that only have wired connections.
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   BluHT

BluHT

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted May 25 2012 - 08:49 AM

Someone recommended I try using a Netgear Universal WiFi Internet Adapter: http://www.amazon.co...TF8&me=&seller= It does seem to be the best solution. Questions: Does it work with Apple's AirPort Express, which is what I use to go wireless? Also, I don't see warranty information for Netgear adapter on Amazon's product page. Do you have any idea of what the warranty details are (e.g., length, etc.)? I see some of the refurbished devices come with a sixty-day warranty. For this product, I'm considering a refurbished item. (Right now, I don't really see connecting to the internet through the receiver very often so, with $25 in question, I'm willing to take a risk.) Does anyone here own a refurbished copy of this product? How long have you had it and how reliable has it been?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users