What's new

TV frame rates (1 Viewer)

editman

Agent
Real Name
Ken
I am looking into purchasing a 32in and a 40 TV (in the UK).I am not sure about the terms some manufacturers are sometimes using to describe frames rates.Below is some sales speak as an example.Does this really mean that a” CMR of 200hz” is twice as good as a “frame rate” of 100hz?
“Experience the true meaning of motion clarity with Samsung's Clear Motion Rate. 200hz Unlike the "refresh rate." which explains a part of picture quality, Clear Motion Rate determines the motion of an image by using three factors: chipset, TV panel, and backlight. WIth the new standard in motion measurement and control, you will clearly see the difference.
Say goodbye to blurring. Samsung's new filter and panel construction eliminates dual and layered images, so you enjoy precise, crystal-clear TV pictures from almost every viewing angle.”
Frame rate of a Panasonic set is 100Hz
These refer to 32 in sets

editman

Agent
Real Name
Ken
So,
Which is going to show me a better picture, a Clear Motion Rate of 200hz or a frame rate of 100?

logic951

Auditioning
Real Name
Eli
I wanna say that "CMR-Clear motion rate" is samsungs dub on the term "Frame Rate" the same goes for sony's "motion flow" and other manufacturers. They all have their own little terms. I believe this is true but I am no expert.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks