Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone else seriously considering Adobe's Creative Cloud?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 of 47 OFFLINE   Jacinto

Jacinto

Second Unit

• 411 posts
  • LocationLittleton, Colorado

Posted February 11 2014 - 10:14 AM

The best solution is for her to grow the business. But that's a whole other issue :)

That's the best solution for me, too. Unfortunately life doesn't always cooperate with our best laid plans, and that's what makes me despise the subscription model. It takes away my freedom to organize and rearrange my finances as life circumstances change. 2013 was my worst year in 11 years as a self employed designer -- even the $360 for the year would have been painful. So for now, I'm really happy that I'm still sitting on my copy of the CS 5 Master Collection. I intend to hold out at least until 2015, but we'll see what new developments Adobe comes up with, both in software features and subscription pricing.

• DaveF likes this
Chachi Hernandez
Illustrator

#42 of 47 OFFLINE   jrdnlc

jrdnlc

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted March 31 2014 - 02:37 PM

Lightroom here for me. After using it for a couple days I dumped the Adobe Creative suite.

#43 of 47 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 16,847 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted April 01 2014 - 06:04 AM

I just dumped the full suite down to the $10 a month Lr / PS combo.  I'm 100% into FCPX for the forseeable future and the few times I use illustrator isn't worth $480 a year to me.

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#44 of 47 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 16,847 posts

Posted June 18 2014 - 07:45 AM

Meh:
http://www.macworld....campaign=buffer

#45 of 47 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 14,099 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted June 21 2014 - 05:17 AM

The question coming next month-ish, is if the version of Adobe software my wife uses is compatible with OS X Yosemite. Everytime she looks at the subscription package, she's left ambivalent. And the reviews about it aren't overwhelmingly positive. It keeps coming down to cost: it's more expensive with minimal benefits for the small-timer.

Moreover, because of Lynda.com,  she's learning about features she didn't know about in the older software, enhancing the value of staying put for now.

#46 of 47 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 16,847 posts

Posted June 21 2014 - 10:03 AM

Yes
  • DaveF likes this

#47 of 47 OFFLINE   Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker

Screenwriter

• 1,044 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted July 08 2014 - 11:34 AM

Something I just found out about Adobe's pricing, you can take advantage of the upgrade price for each qualifying serial number you have. The place I work has a handful of CS3 and higher serial numbers from when it was a larger organization. Instead of renewing the account at the $50 a month price, I went through their special offer sign up again with another serial number and got the $30 promotional price.

Anyway, it was news to me so I thought I would just pass that along.

-Keith

• Sam Posten likes this
As far as I'm concerned, it's a damned shame that a field as potentially dynamic and vital as journalism should be overrun with dullards, bums, and hacks, hag-ridden with myopia, apathy, and complacence, and generally stuck in a bog of stagnant mediocrity. - Hunter S. Thompson, 1958, from cover letter he wrote for a newspaper job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users