-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Samsung HW-C560S Home Theater System

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 jeremylangford

jeremylangford

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted May 05 2012 - 02:55 AM

Hi. I have a Dell U2311H 1080p/60hz monitor and I'm looking to purchase a surround sound speaker system to go with it. Going to my monitor, I currently have a Direct TV HD receiver (HR25-500), an Apple TV (3rd Gen), and a Macbook Pro laptop. All of these devices have HDMI out and I would love to able to plug each of them into the surround sound system and then easily switch between each input via remote. I also want to make sure that I'm getting the highest quality available from each device (I'm a newb so I'm just assuming that this just consists of 1080p video and Dolby 5.1 audio). I have found a working Samsung HW-C560S Home Theater System on craigslist and I'm pretty sure I can talk this guy down to $100. That seems like a good deal to me and I definitely don't see any other 5.1 surround sound systems with HDMI in that price range. I've read that there is no onboard HD decoding but I really don't understand what that would mean for me. I've also read that the subwoofer is passive so I guess I should look into buying a powered subwoofer as well. So my question is, should this speaker system do everything I want it to or are there better options I should consider? Thanks