Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Xbox 360 Kinect + Blu ray Player + SATELLITE TV + PC + 5.1 Sound System + Projector

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   tobiasthiago

tobiasthiago

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted May 01 2012 - 12:03 PM

I am new to this. I've read a lot about it but it seems the only way to make this work would be spending hundreds of dollars. Maybe someone here can help me out. Here are the items I have (or that I am about to buy) 1) Xbox 360 Kinect 2) Blue Ray player (I need to buy one. I am looking for a really basic one if possible) 3) Satellite TV (DISH that has a receiver and I believe it lets me use HDMI cable to hook up to projector) 4) Projector BenQ W1060 (I am going to buy this one this week probably) http://www.globalaud...Q/W1060-002.jpg 5) Sound System (not sure which one to use but it would be for movies, gaming, TV. Basically everything) 6) Regular PC with DVI and VGA output My goal: I want to be able to use everything (PC, Xbox, Satellite TV and Blue Ray player) on my projector and I want al of them to use the sound system. Is it possible? What would I need? Where would each device be connected to? How much do you think I would have to spend? Thank you very much!

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.

• 6,364 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted May 01 2012 - 03:39 PM

you need an AVR ( Audio Video Receiver) that has HDMI inputs. Each component will have a HDMI cable from it to the AVR. the HDMI cable will carry video and audio signals. You will need 1 HDMI cable to run from the AVR to the projector. You will need an adapter for the PC to go from DVI to HDMI. DVI does not carry audio. A better option would be to upgrade the video card on the PC to one that has HDMI output.

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Producer

• 3,136 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted May 01 2012 - 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasthiago /t/320440/xbox-360-kinect-blu-ray-player-satellite-tv-pc-5-1-sound-system-projector#post_3921748 I've read a lot about it but it seems the only way to make this work would be spending hundreds of dollars.
  Based on the list of devices you are planning to purchase, a few hundred dollars for a decent A/V receiver is a drop in the bucket.

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   tobiasthiago

tobiasthiago

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted May 02 2012 - 10:57 AM

I know man. that's what happens when a poor college student gets a few bucks... I try to do the impossible... maybe I just have high expectations and little money...

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   tobiasthiago

tobiasthiago

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted May 02 2012 - 10:58 AM

Jason, how about this receiver? http://www.amazon.co...d=25OPG23N7QO0B do you think that would do the job?

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   tobiasthiago

tobiasthiago

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted May 02 2012 - 10:59 AM

sorry, the previous question about the receiver was meant to go to Gregg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users