-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Will there be another Q & A with Warner Brothers Home Video?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#21 of 26 Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted May 11 2012 - 09:40 AM

Brandon Conway edited his personal attacks. The edited post is as offensive as the first one. I won't dignify his accusations by responding to them. That would only prolong the argument. His conduct is juvenile, irrational, undignified and in violation of the rules here. He is guilty of the very things he accuses me, wrongly, of. He has a lot of nerve to use that language and to talk about another forum member like that. He is dead wrong and out of control. I'll continue to post about THE SEARCHERS whenever I feel like it.

#22 of 26 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,330 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted May 11 2012 - 09:44 AM

This is your final warning to drop it and move on and this warning applies to all parties.  Talk about the subject matter at hand and not other members.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#23 of 26 Robert Harris

Robert Harris

Lead Actor

• 7,352 posts

Posted May 11 2012 - 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Richard--W 

We are allowed to disagree here, and the forum is loaded with heated disagreements over the years.
I never stated, inferred, suggested or implied that RAH is a liar. I don't like the language Brandon Conway uses. I happen to know that RAH is absolutely honest and straightforward. His integrity is above approach. I just don't agree with him on THE SEARCHERS. I disagree for reasons which, again, several of you know very well and agree with me about.

One more try.

At the time that WB was moving forward with The Searchers, they were unaware that I was using a perfected process for the first time on Williamsburg at another post house.

I was unaware that they were doing The Searchers.

Both projects were VVLA in 1956 on the same stock, and both shared precisely the same problems.

Had either of us known, things would have been different.  Mr. Price and I do communicate and share information, but neither was aware of the other's project.

The Searchers has layers of problems which were not able to be solved at that time.

The Searchers can be restored neither by printing the original negative, nor by compositing the separation masters, some of which have problems.

The process that I perfected has been used on North by Northwest and for parts of The Ten Commandments.

The Searchers needs to be re-done, but that does not seem to be your complaint.

Bottom line.  The film could not have come out properly at that time using the tools available.

A great deal of effort and expense went into it, and we're lucky that it looks as good as it does.

RAH

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." T.E. Lawrence

#24 of 26 Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,496 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted May 11 2012 - 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Richard--W 

. I happen to know that RAH is absolutely honest and straightforward. His integrity is above approach.

You meant to say that he is above REPROACH. Posted Image

#25 of 26 Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted May 11 2012 - 11:50 AM

Yes, typo corrected.

#26 of 26 Ransom Stoddard

Ransom Stoddard

Agent

• 34 posts

Posted May 12 2012 - 02:26 AM

Someone should also ask them to stop tealizing their back catalogue.