What's new

Will there be another Q & A with Warner Brothers Home Video? (1 Viewer)

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
If there is, would someone please ask if they ever plan to correct the wildly inaccurate color-timing of THE SEARCHERS ? Or do they plan to keep perpetuating the felony?

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
WB is quite accessible via their Warner Archive Facebook fan page...why don't you try them there? They've been good about answering the questions I've posed to them in the past year or so.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
91NGki5JzpL_AA1500_.jpg

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
You're right, Patrick McCart. When a DVD and Bluray is willfully mistimed by someone who doesn't give a damn we should say nothing about it and do nothing about it. Better to buy a bad product and accept what we are offered than alienate the studio.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Richard--W said:
You're right, Patrick McCart. When a DVD and Bluray is willfully mistimed by someone who doesn't give a damn we should say nothing about it and do nothing about it. Better to buy a bad product and accept what we are offered than alienate the studio.
This is a pretty blatant false dichotomy. Do you really think that alienating the studio is the only way to address the issue?

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I never suggested it was.
Irony, Carl Fink. Irony.
Moe Dickstein, when WHV is exposed for malpractice, they don't respond to inquiries, mature or otherwise. It is very frustrating that after six years WHV has done nothing to correct the inaccurate color timing of The Searchers. They knowingly disseminated a willfully mistimed Blu-ray and DVD that utterly misrepresented the film. I didn't get a response in 2006 and I won't get a response today. I'm sure there were plenty of complaints, and if anyone got a response, it would have been posted somewhere.
Their method of dealing with malpractice is to simply ignore customer complaints and to continue the malpractice. Here is the latest offense, released last Tuesday:
dc30075a_91T9jfMfWrL._AA1500_.jpeg

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
1) Another thread about The Seachers... really? Weren't the others sufficient?

2) Mr. Harris has kindly explained that this was hardly a malicious miscoloring that occurred back in 2005. You ignored/dismissed his comments in the Camelot thread, of course...

3) They won't do another chat when they can use their Facebook page.

4) If you inquire politely they may answer you, since they are apt to do so on said Facebook page. However, I'm thinking your current tone and copious "Rejected!" pics will likely be met with silence.

5) The Searchers is an "evergreen" title that has a better chance of being revisited again in the future than most. These cycles are usually at least (as in minimum) 7 years, so we're hitting *about* the time they would consider a new release with corrected color timing. But I just don't see it being immediate.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Interesting how something can be "willfully mistimed" by "someone who doesn't give a damn."
But glad to see we're keeping it hyperbole-free with rational terms like "felony" and "malpractice."

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Brandon Conway is starstruck. He has made false assumptions, and he doesn't want criticism of Warner Brothers Home Video.
In response to his questions:
1) No.
2) I don't buy Ned Price's excuses in the interview because I know better.
I don't agree with RAH's reasoning for reasons that some of you understand very well.
There is nothing technically wrong with The Searchers that the IB tech reference and a different pair of eyes at the console wouldn't resolve.
3) I'm not on facebook and don't plan to start.
4) So anyone who doesn't agree with Brandon Conway or doesn't do what Brandon Conway tells them to do is impolite?
My humble inquiries were ignored in 2006. Six years later, after the offense has been repeated over and over again with additional repackages, what seemed to be a mistake originally has turned into an outrage. Everybody who loves cinema and who values the art of John Ford should be outraged and complaining loudly. After six years of this, there is no reason to be tolerant. As for manners -- take another look at your own. If you don't like my posts, don't read them.
5) Warner Brothers Home Video knew better at the outset. That's why the ignore complaints, polite and otherwise. They could afford, then as now, to correct the problem. Instead, they keep flooding the market with Ned Price's corrupted color. Like this repackage from January 2012:
923c8a90_A1iipakFJKL._AA1500_.jpeg

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Yep. Star struck, because I won't go crazy with hyperbole.

It's not MY problem that you won't go to Facebook and ask them nicely. It's not MY problem that you believe Robert Harris is a liar when he says that at the time of prepping this release back in 2005 Warner did not have knowledge of the tools that could resolve the color timing issue. It's not MY problem that you act like Veruca Salt that wants her Oompa-Loompa NOW!!!!

It's not the disagreeing with me that makes you impolite. It's the personal insults towards me, Mr. Harris, Mr. Price and others, and the juvenile behavior, such as the ridiculous "REJECTED" pictures that seem like you just discovered Metal in Junior High, that make you impolite. Reminds me of Al Bundy's classic quote on Married with Children: It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the FAT that makes you look fat.

Regardless, insulting ME is ultimately irrelevant to your cause, though it reflects poorly on your character. What IS important is that you will continue to be ignored by Warner Bros. as long as you continue to insult THEM. They more than likely have you on their "ignore" list because you act so venomously. That's my sincere advice to you - adjust your attitude to have a positive influence. Until you do that you will push people away from you and your cause mumbling to themselves "there goes Richard again with his crazy rambling."

As for myself, you'll be pleased to know that I put you on my "blocked user" list and I will never respond to a post from you ever again. (It may be wise - and only fair - for you to do the same to me).

BTW, you should ignore the repackaged releases. That's called selling overstock.

- Brandon

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Now who's using hyperbole?
Robert Crawford said:
Richard,
Stop with the personal attacks!
Crawdaddy
So how do I respond to this individual who persistently misrepresents my posts and who keeps putting my words in my mouth that I didn't say?
To disagree with someone is not to call them a liar.
We are allowed to disagree here, and the forum is loaded with heated disagreements over the years.
I never stated, inferred, suggested or implied that RAH is a liar. I don't like the language Brandon Conway uses. I happen to know that RAH is absolutely honest and straightforward. His integrity is above reproach. I just don't agree with him on THE SEARCHERS. I disagree for reasons which, again, several of you know very well and agree with me about.

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Originally Posted by Richard--W /t/320422/will-there-be-another-q-a-with-warner-brothers-home-video#post_3924936
Everybody who loves cinema and who values the art of John Ford should be outraged and complaining loudly.

Shouldn't that be for them to decide, and not you?

---------------

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Richard--W /t/320422/will-there-be-another-q-a-with-warner-brothers-home-video#post_3924986
Now who's using hyperbole?
So how do I respond to this individual who persistently misrepresents my posts and who keeps putting my words in my mouth that I didn't say?
To disagree with someone is not to call them a liar.
We are allowed to disagree here, and the forum is loaded with heated disagreements over the years.
I never stated, inferred, suggested or implied that RAH is a liar. I don't like the language Brandon Conway uses. I happen to know that RAH is absolutely honest and straightforward. His integrity is above approach. I just don't agree with him on THE SEARCHERS. I disagree for reasons which, again, several of you know very well and agree with me about.

Well, since he placed you on "ignore" I don't think that's going to be problem going forward.

Crawdaddy

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Suits me.
His post is filled to the brim with personal insults, and he gets away with it.
In fairness, you will note that I never attacked Brandon Conway personally.
ScottHM said:
Shouldn't that be for them to decide, and not you?
Yes. It is preposterous of you to suggest I'm making decisions for other people.
Personally, I'm an activist. When I see an outrage like the corrupted version of THE SEARCHERS perpetrated three times within five months I take a position.
9590cce9_91h4ZhlgyL._AA1500_.jpeg

51PsmTLR77L.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks