Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

BIRDSONG "Highly Recommended"

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Ernest

Ernest

Supporting Actor

• 536 posts

Posted April 28 2012 - 04:35 PM

Sebastian Faulk's epic love story set against a backdrop of the WW I. Starring Eddie Redmayne (Pillars of the Earth) and Clemence Poesy (Harry Potter) who become involved in an illicit and all consuming love affair. The Bluray contains both parts 1 & 2 for a running time of 165 minutes. If you enjoy the epic type romances like "The English Patient" or "Out of Africa" you will enjoy Birdsong. The movie is not rated but based on a few scenes of upper body nudity and love making it would probably be rated "R". Lots of action typical of the trench warfare that took place in WW I but not overly gory. (More soldiers were killed in WW I than any other war. More than 80% of the casualties in WW II were civilians.) Video: 1080i Audio: DTS HD MA 5.1 Video quality was excellent. The audio was mostly center during the dramatic scenes changing to surround and bass when the fighting took place. This is an excellent movie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users