Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Tutorial: Changing primary SMTP server with iCloud on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,174 posts

Posted April 27 2012 - 05:17 AM

The Dilemma   I want to use iCloud to sync my email across all my devices.   However, when sending mail I am forced to use my mac.com email address.  I want to use my hometheaterforum.com email address instead when sending mail.   The Fix   1. Go into Settings -> Mail/Contacts/Calendars -> Add Account 2. Create a new account under OTHER at very bottom.  Do not use preset services. 3. Click on ADD MAIL ACCOUNT   Enter information from your iCloud account   NEXT   Incoming Mail Server: p02-imap.mail.me.com  (this is the iCloud incoming mail server so iCloud mail can still be pushed to your device) Username: Your iCloud account username Password: Your iCloud account password   Outgoing Mail Server: The address of your outgoing mail server that you use for private mail.  In my case, for example, outgoing.verizon.net   Now disable your iCloud account and use the account you just created.   All iCloud messages will push across your devices as it previously had.  When sending mail, the FROM will contain your private email address instead of the Mac email address.     Note: This is done at your own risk.  If you screw up, or it doesn't work for you, all you need to do is delete the account you created and turn your iCloud account back on.    

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users