Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A few words about...™ Contagion -- in Blu-ray

A Few Words About

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Robert Harris

Robert Harris

Archivist

• 7,838 posts

Posted April 22 2012 - 06:59 AM

Contagion, one of three films released in 2011 by the prolific Steven Soderbergh, is an almost documentary-like affair.  Tracing a simple, innocent cough into a world-wide outbreak of disease, the film does an extraordinary job of creating one of the most disquieting atmospheres regarding the subject.   Beautifully played, and superbly photographed via 4.5k Red, by Mr. Soderbergh's trusted ally, and alter-ego, Peter Williams, and taken through a DI, I should not have to explain that the resultant down-rezzed Blu-ray does a superb job of replicating the look and textures of the original.   Probably because of the possibility of something like this actually occurring, especially as hastened by air travel, this is a film that easily grabs the attention, and doesn't release the viewer until we learn the source of the outbreak during the film's closing moments.   Highly Recommended.   RAH

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." T.E. Lawrence

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,016 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted April 22 2012 - 09:08 AM

This was a very good movie.  I liked the documentary style and how they wrapped it up in the end to show how it had all started.  I really liked the sub-plot with Jude Law.  I wouldn't recommend watching it on the plane.  Just in case you decide to invest in some N95 masks after watching Costso has the best price

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users