What's new

Twilight Time (1 Viewer)

Speedbyrd

Auditioning
Real Name
W. Maynard
Hi, does anyone have way to contact Twilight Time video? I'd like to make some suggestions for films they could pick up and make dazzle with Blu Ray treatment. Would love to see "Sodom and Gomorrah" (yes I know it's a hokey film, but love it all the same) and "Bird of Paradise" 1951 - Debra Paget. These are Fox favorites that could do well in Blu Ray.

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
Speedbyrd said:
Hi, does anyone have way to contact Twilight Time video? I'd like to make some suggestions for films they could pick up and make dazzle with Blu Ray treatment. Would love to see "Sodom and Gomorrah" (yes I know it's a hokey film, but love it all the same) and "Bird of Paradise" 1951 - Debra Paget. These are Fox favorites that could do well in Blu Ray.
Best way of making suggestions is to go to their Facebook page and make such suggestions. By the way both of these Fox films have already been suggested. After the problems that TT encountered with Demetrius and the Gladiators they will only release titles that pass their muster. Thus..unless these titles have good HD versions available they will probably not be released.

Ernest

Supporting Actor
I suggested "Seven Cities of Gold" and "Esther and the King" on their website and Facebook and received a response from both. The Facebook response said "Seven Cities of Gold" was under consideration but Ester was not because the only conversion from film was done in 3 x 4 pan'n scan. Since they only produce 3000 copies of a title there must be minimal expense in transferring the movie to Bluray.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Would someone who is on Facebook please ask Twilight Time if they can look into the possibility of releasing The Westerner, Noon Wine, and the Seigel documentary on Peckinpah. Your subject line should read "What have you done for Peckinpah today?"

Real Name
Wilbur Post
Richard--W said:
Would someone who is on Facebook please ask Twilight Time if they can look into the possibility of releasing The Westerner, Noon Wine, and the Seigel documentary on Peckinpah. Your subject line should read "What have you done for Peckinpah today?"
That's an excellent question, and one we should all ask ourselves every day. I would kill to see "The Westerner" on Blu, or even a decent DVD release.
I'd also love to know what's happening with the Twilight Time release of "Major Dundee". Things seem to have gone awfully quiet on that front and I'd love to know where it sits on their schedule.

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
aHorseofCourse said:
That's an excellent question, and one we should all ask ourselves every day. I would kill to see "The Westerner" on Blu, or even a decent DVD release.
I'd also love to know what's happening with the Twilight Time release of "Major Dundee". Things seem to have gone awfully quiet on that front and I'd love to know where it sits on their schedule.
According to TT 'Major Dundee' is still coming. Columbia wanted to do more restoration work and that is the holdup...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I have been watching this thread with interest.

I can tell you that Twilight Time is reading these posts.

In fact, out of curiosity, I asked them if they have control
over what titles they receive, or if they are simply told which
titles are available to them.

Here is the response I received...

The studios invite us to submit "want" lists--in Fox's case we asked for more than 200 films---these lists in turn are whittled down internally by the executives in charge for all manner of factors---the studio wants to keep the title for itself, they might want to license to another label, there are rights issues, the elements are not in good enough shape, etc, etc. So at the end of the day we might get 50 of our original request list, based on a process of natural attrition. In the cases of titles like "Fright Night" and "As Good As It Gets," we were specifically asked if we wanted to release them, and we said yes.

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
Someone just asked about Major Dundee's status on the Twilight Time Facebook page, and they answered that the studio's tech team needed to do some more work on the master, so it's been pushed back to the fall. In the same thread I suggested Noon Wine but there was no response.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Good to know Major Dundee is still in the works. On the Heston front, I hope there is interest in The Agony and the Ecstasy as well.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
I wonder if there's any chance for a SD release of FROM HELL TO TEXAS? I wouldn't expect it on Blu, it's not popular enough to warrant that, but a solid SD transfer like the expensive German DVD release would be great. The film's star Don Murray is still with us and introduced a brand new print of it at Cinecon a few years ago, one which the studio commissioned by his request, I believe. A commentary with him would be fantastic. I'll head over to Facebook and ask and report back if there is any response.

Real Name
Wilbur Post
Professor Echo said:
I wonder if there's any chance for a SD release of FROM HELL TO TEXAS? I wouldn't expect it on Blu, it's not popular enough to warrant that, but a solid SD transfer like the expensive German DVD release would be great. The film's star Don Murray is still with us and introduced a brand new print of it at Cinecon a few years ago, one which the studio commissioned by his request, I believe. A commentary with him would be fantastic. I'll head over to Facebook and ask and report back if there is any response.
I love From Hell to Texas. I haven't seen the German DVD but the French DVD (from Sidonis, I think) was very disappointing. The aspect ratio was wrong and it all looked very blocky. Be great to see it on Blu.
The French are starting to release a number of quality 50s Westerns on Blu: the latest batch includes Garden of Evil, Warlock, Broken Lance and Broken Arrow. You can find a veritable truck-load of screen captures (as long as you can decipher the French titles) here: http://www.dvdclassik.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=32
Paul Rossen said:
According to TT 'Major Dundee' is still coming. Columbia wanted to do more restoration work and that is the holdup...
That's a great reason for a holdup:) Thanks for the info.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Well, TT already responded to my Facebook post requesting FROM HELL TO TEXAS and I wish it was better news:

"We love this title too, Glen, and in fact we requested it, but were turned down--there may be rights, or issues with it."

So I guess it's the German DVD for me, but because of the really high shipping fees from Germany I think it will cost close to $40 shipped. Have to save for it. Reviews have been decent, but it's been so long I can't remember where I read them.

Id like Hand of Death with John Agar be it from TT or Fox MOD or whatever - its a shame this hasnt been released on DVD yet

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Re: FROM HELL TO TEXAS, maybe this is a (somewhat) cheaper alternative: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041KXCZU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A1HZSA5JUUDTUK
The "Fox MOD," while distributed by Fox, is more accurately the "MGM MOD," as the titles are those from the MGM library. There is no MOD for Fox titles.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Thanks for posting that link, Bob. Very interesting as I did not know there was an Italian release. It's manufactured by the same Koch Media that did the German release, but I need to track down some reviews and see if the Italian one is comparable. And, of course, find out if it's anamorphic, has an English track and removable subtitles. I'll report back if I can find out anything.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I'd like to know. Davadee is a good company, by the way; I've never had a problematic order with them.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
A good question. Only WB, Sony Columbia, and MGM have functioning MODs; Universal's and Disney's are barely there, and Lionsgate's isn't exactly roaring out of the gate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks