What's new

HTF EXCLUSIVE: Twilight Time July and August 2012 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
07f91167_bye-bye-birdie-movie-poster-1963-1010461857.jpeg

THOSE MAGNIFICENT MEN IN THEIR FLYING MACHINES (1965) BLU-RAY - July 10th

COVER GIRL (1944) BLU-RAY - July 10th

HIGH TIME (1960) BLU-RAY - Aug 14th

BYE BYE BIRDIE (1963) BLU-RAY - Aug 14th

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Sweet. COVER GIRL should look vivacious in Blu...also Ann-Margret in BIRDIE...and Blake Edwards fans will have another of his credits in Blu, if a less well-known one...

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I haven't seen Magnificent Men since my family went to it when it opened. But I played the soundtrack LP to death and I can hear the title song playing in my head as I type this. This will be a great return to it.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Was it a roadshow film? I'd been trying to remember that about The Great Race, too, and couldn't recall.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
haineshisway said:
Bye, Bye Birdie for me is a sure buy. :cool:
I've seen the new transfer - not on Blu but on the big screen at the Academy, and it looked really good.
I agree - I ran BBB via Sony's new DCP last year and it looked and sounded great.

moviepas

Supporting Actor
High Time(Fox 1960). That's the one where Bing Crosby goes to college. I seem to recall him being put on a chair atop a bonfire. Long time since I have seen that one.

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
Chas in CT said:
Was it a roadshow film?  I'd been trying to remember that about The Great Race, too, and couldn't recall.
In NYC Magnificent Men played Roadshow at The DeMille Theater in 70mm. It was produced in TODD-AO. In NYC The Great Race played at the Radio City Music Hall as part of their show.
I believe it was Roadshow in other venues.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I am all over Those Magnificent Men And Their Flying Machines. As a kid, I saw that film many times and have had the VHS, Laser, and DVD. The that I owned I believe was the second or third release for it was widescreen and it had a bunch of extras. While I enjoyed the DVD as it was anamorphic widescreen, it did not port over all the extras from the Laser. The DVD has an audio commentary, featurette and stills. I do hope the Twilight Time will include those on the Blu-ray.

High Time and Bye Bye Birdie are also on my radar and will be ordered. With Cover Girl and Birdie comeing out, I guess that Pal Joey sold well. I guess that Twilight Time will give us The Agony and The Ecstasy in the fall.

I am very happy with the announcement. With or without the Flying Machines extras.

eedf76c7_byebyebirdie-BOB.jpeg

57cc3d9e_byebyebirdie-BOC.jpeg

402ef003_byebyebirdie-BOA1.jpeg

Cover Girl I might rent, none of these sound too appealing to me, but I am always willing to try any film :)

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
All of these sound good to me.
Honestly didn't think they'd follow up on High Time, when they brought it up when someone on their Facebook asked about Bing Crosby films. Gotta see that one.

Simon Lewis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Simon Lewis
Very bad news that "Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines" is being released by Twilight. I cant believe that Fox dont think this is worth a normal release.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Chas in CT said:
Was it a roadshow film?  I'd been trying to remember that about The Great Race, too, and couldn't recall.
They both were. MAGNIFICENT MEN looked fantastic in 70mm and THE GREAT RACE played in 70mm on the Cinerama screen (in London anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks