What's new

media player no audio through amp (1 Viewer)

pmelenhorst

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul Meenhorst
Hi, I am a novice and any assistance would be appreciated.
I have a LCD TV connected through analogue RCA audio jacks to an old amplifier and speakers. This works very well.
I have recently purchased a Seagate Goflex media player connected to a Seagate 2TB external drive and have connected this to the TV via HDMI cable. Audio and video work through the TV work fine, however, when I connect through RCA to the amplifier/speakers, there is no sound.
I'm wondering why the TV works through the amp/speakers but the media player through the same TV does not work through the amp?
thanks, Paul

gartronics

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garry
I can only think of one reason for this problem. Since your media player is outputting through the HDMI, it is sending the digital signal to the tv and the tv is decoding it to play on it's speakers but will not pass it through to an analog out. This may have something do do with copy protection or your tv just may not pass digital audio out through analog ports. You may need an external converter for your media player, found here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002WBOQPU/ref=asc_df_B002WBOQPU1986637?smid=A1AMUYYA3CT6HJ&tag=nextagusmp0357683-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395129&creativeASIN=B002WBOQPU for about 30 bucks. You would have to use the component input on your tv and it's corresponding analog audio inputs. Downside is most component inputs only go to 1080i instead of 1080p, but not to big of a deal. Hope this helps you.

pmelenhorst

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul Meenhorst
Hi Garry,
that makes perfect sense and a good solution. I've purchased the HDMI to 5 RCA component AV Converter.
Thanks very much for your interest and expertise!
regards
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks