Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Announcement: The Island of Dr. Moreau Unrated Director's Cut (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,611 posts

Posted April 18 2012 - 11:38 AM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

Island of Dr. Moreau, The (BD) (Unrated Director's Cut)
 Posted Image
Posted Image

Blu-ray | BLU-RAY SINGLE | Blue BD Case
Posted Image
Synopsis:  Val Kilmer and Academy Award® winner Marlon Brando star in this fantastic sci-fi thriller. Dr. Moreau uses the key of science to turn animal life forms into human-like beasts who threaten not only Moreau's island laboratory, but ultimately all mankind! Year: 1996 Director: John Frankenheimer Starring: Marlon Brando, Val Kilmer, David Thewlis
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
  Key Order Info
Release Status:  New Release Cat#:  1000248098 UPC:  883929223039  Announce Date: 4/18/12
Order Date: 6/19/12
Street Date: 7/24/12
Official Pre-Sell Date: 4/18/12
MSRP:  $19.98 
Posted Image Movie Details
 Studio:  New Line
 Label:  New Line Turner
 Theatrical Release:  8/23/96
 Theatrical Box Office(M):  $27.66
 Genre(s):  Horror, Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi/Fantasy
 Rating:  PG-13
Director:  John Frankenheimer Actors:  Val KilmerMarlon BrandoDavid ThewlisFairuza Balk Producer: Edward R. Pressman
Special Effects: Stan Winston
Posted Image Product Info
Special Version:  BLU-RAY SINGLE Rating:  PG-13
Product Type: Sell Through
Packaging Type:  Blue BD Case Run Time: 96
Product Language:  English 

Release Status: New Release
Announce Date:4/18/12
Order Date: 6/19/12
Street Date: 7/24/12
MSRP: $19.98
MAP: None
Cat#: 1000248098
UPC: 883929223039 (Print UPC)
ISBN: 0-7806-8988-7

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,260 posts

Posted April 24 2012 - 05:01 PM

This did better at the box office than THE TIME MACHINE did in 1960 dollars? Other than an amazing and visceral opening title sequence, this movie sucks the big one. Who made the decision to Blu-ray this, and why? Why of all the films you might have brought to us?

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,931 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted April 25 2012 - 12:31 AM

Is this Unrated version making an appearance for the first time?. Never saw the film when it came out but I might blind-buy this. Has anyone seen Val Kilmer lately? I've seen him in two direct-to-video movies (seems all he's doing these days) - he looks bloated and seems to be sleepwalking through the films. He's still too young to be a has-been, good actor also. So sad.

RIP Roberto Gomez Bolanos. 

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,043 posts

Posted April 25 2012 - 01:49 AM

The Director's Cut was previously released on DVD. I'm not sure, but I think it might in fact be the *only* version of the film to have been released on DVD.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,077 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted April 25 2012 - 07:22 AM

How about MGM releasing the AIP 1977 version? Then at least we'd have all 3 available.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   FrancisP

FrancisP

Screenwriter

• 1,115 posts

Posted April 25 2012 - 04:41 PM

How about MGM releasing the AIP 1977 version? Then at least we'd have all 3 available.

Unfortunately the dvd is likely to be the best we will ever see. I agree that I'd love to see it on blu-ray but I won't be holding my breath waiting for it. The interesting thing about the novelization of the film was the ending. It had Michael York spotting a ship and then turning to Barbara carrera and seeing a animal's fang in her mouth. The idea was that she was one of Moreau's perfect creations. That would have been a better ending.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,043 posts

Posted April 25 2012 - 04:50 PM

There's a novelization of a film that's based on a novel?

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted April 26 2012 - 12:22 AM

Indeed there is!  I have a small collection of vintage movie tie-in paperbacks, and picked that one up a few years ago.  Looking at it later, I saw that it was indeed a novelization of that screenplay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users