Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

I Spy: The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 of 62 OFFLINE   classictvfan91

classictvfan91

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted July 28 2012 - 12:16 PM

Here are my reasons for this idea: 1) The original I Spy box sets are out of print, 2) Some of the prints are in rough shape, as some say, and so the show needs remastering, 3) There is a collection of archival footage that should be released with the show, and some new special features too. Also, I Spy is an important part of TV history, and it should be released in a definitive box set. Also, Shout! Factory does listen to fans.

#62 of 62 OFFLINE   Sky Captain

Sky Captain

Second Unit

• 286 posts

Posted August 12 2012 - 12:39 PM

Significantly, "I Spy" also holds up much better today for viewing than shows like "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." because it was character-based and not gadget-based (dated technology). And it was one of the few shows besides "Route 66" in the Sixties to actually shoot on location, making for a great travelogue/time capsue, as well.

I agree-also, it wasn't silly in it's third season like The Man From U.N.C.L.E was, and managed not to have silly elements in it (something that plagued the James Bond movies in the 70's as well.)

If it was possible, I'd like I Spy to be in Blu-Ray discs that were made from fully-restored prints-but unless the son of Sheldon Leonard were to actually care about his dad's legacy and want to really put his dad's shows (I Spy, Accidental Family, My Friend Tony on DVD, and the market gets receptive enough for a show as old as this to be put on DVD and sell as much as the Star Trek Blu-Ray box sets, nothing's going to happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users