What's new

How to get them to re-buy a film they've purchase many times before and charge $85 dollars! (1 Viewer)

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Warner has "Singing in the Rain" up for pre-order at $85.00 (yes, you'll get it discounted), but wow! How many times has this been released in the past? Afraid no one will re-buy it? and charge $85 (of course it will sell very well)

Ever notice with the exception of "Casablanca" none of WB's big classic box sets are of Warner Bros. films?

Most are MGM:
Wizard of Oz
Gone With the Wind
Ben Hur
Singing in the Rain

Willy Wonka (which was originally distributed through Paramount)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Well, unlike the recent Casablanca set this IS the initial release of Singin' In The Rain on Blu. And is anyone really surprised that there's a big collector's box to go with it??

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
I would have gotten this had they not included the silly looking umbrella. If an umbrella had to be included, at least make it look like the one in the movie. The box art is also a bit mediocre compared to similar sets.
However, there are three discs in the boxed set and I am very interested to know what is on them. Makes be look forward to a coinciding digibook edition.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
in that case, I'll take a wild guess that the two other discs are the bonus disc from the previous release's supplement DVD and a reissue of Gene Kelly - Anatomy of a Dancer.
Hopefully, I'm wrong.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Sad.
I love the movie, but I'll wait for a more realistic price.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Target, Wal Mart, or Best Buy will probably have an exclusive movie only edition like Casablanca, Wizard of Oz, Gone With the Wind, and Ben Hur had when they were released in a big box of junk.

Pre-ordered. Box art is lacking. Would have been nicer if it had been a light blue. White boxes are boring to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks