Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Onkyo HT-S9400 Questions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Osueric27

Osueric27

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted April 16 2012 - 11:57 AM

Hello all. I am new to the forum and have been reading through looking for suggestions. I found the following system at ac4l.com and had a few questions. http://www.accessori.../Speaker/1.html 1. Is this a pretty good system for the money? My room is about 20 x 20. I watch mostly sports and movies and like to listen to music. 2. Are there some aftermarket brackets I could use to mount these speakers in the wall? I would assume I could take the speakers out of the speaker box to mount to the studs in the wall and put a face plate over them? 3. I looked at the specs but did not see if this system could support a second zone. I have two speakers wired out to my pool. I think this can also support the app to control the receiver from Onkyo. 4. I think for $599 this appears to be a pretty good system. If anyone has another suggestion that may be better I am all ears as I know there are some very well versed folks on here. 5. Since this is a refurb, should I get the extended warranty? Thanks for the help! Eric

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   David Willow

David Willow

Babbling Idiot

• 2,223 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted April 18 2012 - 03:41 PM

Hi Eric, 1. Yes. If you get an HTiB package, this is one of the better ones. It comes with a good receiver. The speakers should be decent. 2. You can probably find brackets. Check amazon or monoprice.com. Taking the drivers out is a very bad idea. The speaker is a system - the drivers, the crossovers, the bracing and materials inside, and the box all work together. Even mounting them on the wall as a unit is not a great idea, but it can work. 3. Yes, it supports 2 zones (it uses the amps for the rear channels). 4. That's a good price. If you can up your budget to $1000-1200 then you can do better. 5. I would not. I always use a credit card. Most cards will double the manufacture's warranty. Check with your card (and if they do not, time for a new card :D )

I’m training to run a marathon for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, to raise life-saving funds to help those fighting blood cancers. Please help! See details and donation link here.

Dolby and DTS Plaques (downloads)
Audyssey Setup Guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users