What's new

Onkyo HT-S9400 Questions (1 Viewer)

Osueric27

Grip
Real Name
Eric Jones
Hello all. I am new to the forum and have been reading through looking for suggestions. I found the following system at ac4l.com and had a few questions.
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ONKHTS9400/Onkyo-HT-S9400-THX-7.1-Ch-Network-Home-Theater-Receiver/Speaker/1.html
1. Is this a pretty good system for the money? My room is about 20 x 20. I watch mostly sports and movies and like to listen to music.
2. Are there some aftermarket brackets I could use to mount these speakers in the wall? I would assume I could take the speakers out of the speaker box to mount to the studs in the wall and put a face plate over them?
3. I looked at the specs but did not see if this system could support a second zone. I have two speakers wired out to my pool. I think this can also support the app to control the receiver from Onkyo.
4. I think for $599 this appears to be a pretty good system. If anyone has another suggestion that may be better I am all ears as I know there are some very well versed folks on here.
5. Since this is a refurb, should I get the extended warranty?
Thanks for the help!
Eric

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Hi Eric,
1. Yes. If you get an HTiB package, this is one of the better ones. It comes with a good receiver. The speakers should be decent.
2. You can probably find brackets. Check amazon or monoprice.com. Taking the drivers out is a very bad idea. The speaker is a system - the drivers, the crossovers, the bracing and materials inside, and the box all work together. Even mounting them on the wall as a unit is not a great idea, but it can work.
3. Yes, it supports 2 zones (it uses the amps for the rear channels).
4. That's a good price. If you can up your budget to $1000-1200 then you can do better.
5. I would not. I always use a credit card. Most cards will double the manufacture's warranty. Check with your card (and if they do not, time for a new card :D )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks