-

Photo
- - - - -

Looney Tunes Golden Collection Blu-Ray Edition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   classictvfan91

classictvfan91

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted April 16 2012 - 07:37 AM

To Warner Home Video: I would like to suggest a Blu-Ray release of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection, with additional material, including documentaries, additional audio commentaries, commercials and PSAs with the Looney Tunes characters, TV appearances of the Looney Tunes characters, the Looney Tunes movies and compilation films (including audio/text commentaries, documentaries, teasers, trailers, and TV spots), production notes, unreleased and rare shorts, photo galleries, records with Looney Tunes characters, and more. All the material in the collection should be digitally restored and remastered in 1080p HD and TrueHD audio. English subtitles should be included for the shorts, movies, and special features. Sincerely, Ian Hayden

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,204 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted April 16 2012 - 07:42 AM

Personally, I'm just hoping the Platinum Vol. 1 sold well enough to get a Vol. 2. Same goes for Tom & Jerry.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,660 posts

Posted April 16 2012 - 08:58 AM

Vol. 2 is unofficially confirmed for the coming holiday season. Same with the followup T&J which is currently planned for early 2013.

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,918 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted April 17 2012 - 12:31 AM

was on there facebook site, and the deal with Volume 2 of the Platinum Collection was sort of a good idea they had fans actualy voting on what to get on the disc, yea i know its sort of lopsided, because people will never vote for the more obscure shorts, so this definatly should be all well known (for the most part)

biggest news i got out of this thread

TOM & JERRY Golden Collection Vol 2, OH Hell Yes, and they need to keep on going right thru the Dietch and Jones Shorts as well  Posted Image

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Ken LB

Ken LB

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 12:53 AM

Any word on releasing Fleischer's Superman?

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,185 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 01:28 AM

Aren't all the SUPERMAN cartoons already part of the SUPERMAN movies DVD/BD box sets? I'm not sure they'd get their own set in that case.

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,918 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted April 17 2012 - 02:49 AM

i am assuming that you are talking about the Fleischer Studios Superman Shorts, i don't believe those were done in 1080p on the last BD Superman box, that was part of the complaints with it. and i am thankful that some great Animation is getting seen this way, i just wish that they would get  to one thing that really needs to be seen, Batman: The Animated Series and Mask Of The Phantasam

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#8 of 12 ONLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Lead Actor

• 9,898 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted April 17 2012 - 08:23 AM

I'm for option 3, continuing with the Platinum sets.

And an option 4, getting to the MGM cartoons. We never did get a Tex Avery set on DVD. I'd love to see the MGM shorts done right. Mopst of the UPA material is out now between that Fun and FRolics set on the TCM site and the upcoming Mr. Magoo Features colelctions on DVD, so to have only the Tom & Jerry and Droopy cartoons from MGM is criminal.

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,918 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted April 18 2012 - 04:51 AM

Russel, for almost 10 years i have been asking for an MGM Golden collection, not to slight LT, but as i have stated and a few others agreed that the MGM toons had a certian gloss that was only matched by Disney

Playing at the Drive In

#10 of 12 ONLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Lead Actor

• 9,898 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted April 18 2012 - 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by dana martin 

Russel, for almost 10 years i have been asking for an MGM Golden collection, not to slight LT, but as i have stated and a few others agreed that the MGM toons had a certian gloss that was only matched by Disney

I agree completely. They deserve the same love and attention that Disney and the Looneys get.

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 1,950 posts

Posted April 18 2012 - 05:48 AM

As for MGM cartoons, I would be happy if they would just release a set of Tex Avery cartoons.

#12 of 12 ONLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Lead Actor

• 9,898 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted April 18 2012 - 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by JoeDoakes 

As for MGM cartoons, I would be happy if they would just release a set of Tex Avery cartoons.

If they are remastered and uncensored I'll take whatever they want to release. DVD or Blu-Ray.