What's new

Looney Tunes Golden Collection Blu-Ray Edition (1 Viewer)

classictvfan91

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian Hayden
To Warner Home Video:
I would like to suggest a Blu-Ray release of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection, with additional material, including documentaries, additional audio commentaries, commercials and PSAs with the Looney Tunes characters, TV appearances of the Looney Tunes characters, the Looney Tunes movies and compilation films (including audio/text commentaries, documentaries, teasers, trailers, and TV spots), production notes, unreleased and rare shorts, photo galleries, records with Looney Tunes characters, and more.
All the material in the collection should be digitally restored and remastered in 1080p HD and TrueHD audio.
English subtitles should be included for the shorts, movies, and special features.
Sincerely,
Ian Hayden

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Vol. 2 is unofficially confirmed for the coming holiday season. Same with the followup T&J which is currently planned for early 2013.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
was on there facebook site, and the deal with Volume 2 of the Platinum Collection was sort of a good idea they had fans actualy voting on what to get on the disc, yea i know its sort of lopsided, because people will never vote for the more obscure shorts, so this definatly should be all well known (for the most part)

biggest news i got out of this thread

TOM & JERRY Golden Collection Vol 2, OH Hell Yes, and they need to keep on going right thru the Dietch and Jones Shorts as well

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Aren't all the SUPERMAN cartoons already part of the SUPERMAN movies DVD/BD box sets? I'm not sure they'd get their own set in that case.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
i am assuming that you are talking about the Fleischer Studios Superman Shorts, i don't believe those were done in 1080p on the last BD Superman box, that was part of the complaints with it. and i am thankful that some great Animation is getting seen this way, i just wish that they would get to one thing that really needs to be seen, Batman: The Animated Series and Mask Of The Phantasam

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm for option 3, continuing with the Platinum sets.

And an option 4, getting to the MGM cartoons. We never did get a Tex Avery set on DVD. I'd love to see the MGM shorts done right. Mopst of the UPA material is out now between that Fun and FRolics set on the TCM site and the upcoming Mr. Magoo Features colelctions on DVD, so to have only the Tom & Jerry and Droopy cartoons from MGM is criminal.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Russel, for almost 10 years i have been asking for an MGM Golden collection, not to slight LT, but as i have stated and a few others agreed that the MGM toons had a certian gloss that was only matched by Disney

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by dana martin /t/320082/looney-tunes-golden-collection-blu-ray-edition#post_3917734
Russel, for almost 10 years i have been asking for an MGM Golden collection, not to slight LT, but as i have stated and a few others agreed that the MGM toons had a certian gloss that was only matched by Disney

I agree completely. They deserve the same love and attention that Disney and the Looneys get.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
As for MGM cartoons, I would be happy if they would just release a set of Tex Avery cartoons.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by JoeDoakes /t/320082/looney-tunes-golden-collection-blu-ray-edition#post_3917762
As for MGM cartoons, I would be happy if they would just release a set of Tex Avery cartoons.
If they are remastered and uncensored I'll take whatever they want to release. DVD or Blu-Ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks