Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

BVHE Press Release: The Secret World of Arrietty (Blu-ray Combo)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,778 posts

Posted April 13 2012 - 10:46 AM

Posted Image
Follow us on Twitter @DisneyPictures

FILM SYNOPSIS:

Residing quietly beneath the floorboards are little people who live undetected in a secret world to be discovered. Arrietty (voice of Bridgit Mendler), a tiny, but tenacious 14-year-old, lives with her parents (voices of Will Arnett and Amy Poehler) in the recesses of a suburban garden home, unbeknownst to the homeowner and her housekeeper (voice of Carol Burnett). Like all little people, Arrietty (AIR-ee-ett-ee) remains hidden from view, except during occasionalcovert ventures beyond the floorboards to “borrow” scrap supplies like sugar cubes from her human hosts.

But when 12-year-old Shawn (voice of David Henrie), a human boy who comes to stay in the home, discovers his mysterious housemate one evening, a secret friendship blossoms. If discovered, their relationship could drive Arrietty’s family from the home and straight into danger. From the legendary Studio Ghibli (“Spirited Away,” “Ponyo”) comes “The Secret World of Arrietty,” an animated adventure based on Mary Norton’s acclaimed children’s book series “The Borrowers.”

The film was directed by Hiromasa Yonebayashi and produced by Toshio Suzuki. Gary Rydstrom directed the English-language version of “The Secret World of Arrietty” from a screenplay written by Karey Kirkpatrick. The producers include Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall. The original Japanese screenplay was written by Hayao Miyazaki and Keiko Niwa.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,738 posts

Posted April 13 2012 - 04:57 PM

Does it have the original Japanese voice track and English subs?
"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,778 posts

Posted April 13 2012 - 05:10 PM

Heya Edwin!   Funny...just as I received notification of this question, an additional email arrived from the studio with extended specs information.   You will find it in the original post and it should answer  your question.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,738 posts

Posted April 13 2012 - 05:21 PM

Outstanding. Thanks. I think the only Ghibli film that made into the theater in my neck of the woods was Spirited Away. I'm looking forward to seeing this one.
"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,695 posts

Posted April 15 2012 - 09:19 AM

I am all over this. I'm a huge Ghibli fan, and I saw this twice on opening weekend. It's no Princess Mononoke or Spirited Away, but it's very good. Too bad Disney plastered that hideous song over the end credits.... but hey, that's what the Japanese track is for. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users