What's new

3D James Cameron's Titanic (3D Blu-ray) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Thanks for the links, Ron...placed my orders for both the 3D(for myself) and 2D(for friends & family) at $27 for the 3D and $20 for the 2D. This is a no-brainer purchase. Saw the 3D version last Saturday at a Century XDS screening and was blown away by the imagery...I even got a little motion sickness queasiness during the sinking!!!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am definitely in for Titanic on 3D Blu-ray.

However, not going to order from Walmart. Learned my
lesson from my last order. They charged my credit card
a week before the Blu-ray was mailed out.

I'd rather deal with Amazon. Something tells me their
price may be lower, and with free PRIME shipping I get
it on release date. I will wait until Amazon posts their
preorder link. Should be very soon.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I just want to know if the 2D version ( I have no use for the 3D version) will be in the original theatrical ratio.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Took the link off in case it was used in stead of the HTF link.
I also got a $3 gift cert for amazon with the order that I get when Titanic ships.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Amazon preorder links added to original post.

Thank you, gentlemen.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
RobertR said:
I just want to know if the 2D version ( I have no use for the 3D version) will be in the original theatrical ratio.
Except for IMAX screenings, the 2-D and 3-D re-release screenings of the movie are still 2.35 so that'll be the aspect ratio that's on the disc too.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
Except for IMAX screenings, the 2-D and 3-D re-release screenings of the movie are still 2.35 so that'll be the aspect ratio that's on the disc too.
Great, thanks for the info, Travis.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
TravisR said:
Really? Avatar was 2.35x1 in the 3D theaters where I saw it, but the Blu-ray 3D is 1.78x1.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Steve Tannehill said:
Really? Avatar was 2.35x1 in the 3D theaters where I saw it, but the Blu-ray 3D is 1.78x1.
IIRC, Avatar was made available in multiple ratios depending on the particular theatre. I remember a survey coming in from Paramount asking about screen sizes in our auditoriums as they wanted it to run with the maximum size possible, which could be 1.85 or 'scope depending on the architecture. The IMAX (digital liemax) show I saw was approx. 1.78.

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
Steve Tannehill said:
the theatrical aspect ratio of 'Avatar 3D' depended on the theater you saw it in. if the masking was on the sides, then they opened up the screen to 2.35:1 and you received that presentation; conversely if the masking was top/bottom then then opened up the screen to 1.77:1 (or whatever it was). Jim Cameron wanted the theatrical experience to be as large as possible for any potential screening.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Originally Posted by elDomenechHTF /t/320016/james-camerons-titanic-3d-blu-ray-blu-ray-available-for-preorder#post_3916227
I don't see anything that refers to a standard 2D release. Is this going to be the main release?
They're on the right side links of Ron's opening post...pre-order away!!!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
elDomenechHTF said:
I don't see anything that refers to a standard 2D release. Is this going to be the main release?
There is both a 3D/2D/Digital Copy/Ultraviolet release, and a 2D/DVD/Digital Copy/Ultraviolet release. That's why there is two of everything in the first post.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Steve Tannehill said:
There is both a 3D/2D/Digital Copy/Ultraviolet release, and a 2D/DVD/Digital Copy/Ultraviolet release. That's why there is two of everything in the first post.
Yeah, last I heard it was an industry standard that the 3-D version of a Blu-ray would always come with a 2-D copy as well. Not that that standard couldn't change but it seems like just including a 2-D version would be worth it just to stop potential headaches of people getting the '3-D only' copy and having to return it.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
TravisR said:
Yeah, last I heard it was an industry standard that the 3-D version of a Blu-ray would always come with a 2-D copy as well. Not that that standard couldn't change but it seems like just including a 2-D version would be worth it just to stop potential headaches of people getting the '3-D only' copy and having to return it.
I have a couple of discs where the 3D and 2D version are on the same disc. Avatar is one of them, in fact. So it is not a requirement that the 3D and 2D versions be on separate discs, if that is what you are getting at.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Is there both a downloadable digital copy (and therefore a permanent copy on your device) and the ultraviolet version? If so, this is the first time I've seen that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks