Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

James Cameron's Titanic (3D Blu-ray) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 of 26 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,184 posts

Posted April 13 2012 - 08:38 AM

http://www.walmart.c...screen/20684313

Click on images above to order directly from Walmart.  Amazon links below

http://www.amazon.co...34343219&sr=8-5

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 26 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,726 posts

Posted April 13 2012 - 09:14 AM

Done
See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#3 of 26 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,392 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted April 13 2012 - 09:18 AM

Thanks for the links, Ron...placed my orders for both the 3D(for myself) and 2D(for friends & family) at $27 for the 3D and $20 for the 2D. This is a no-brainer purchase. Saw the 3D version last Saturday at a Century XDS screening and was blown away by the imagery...I even got a little motion sickness queasiness during the sinking!!!

#4 of 26 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,184 posts

Posted April 13 2012 - 09:33 AM

I am definitely in for Titanic on 3D Blu-ray.   However, not going to order from Walmart.  Learned my  lesson from my last order.  They charged my credit card a week before the Blu-ray was mailed out.   I'd rather deal with Amazon.  Something tells me their price may be lower, and with free PRIME shipping I get it on release date.  I will wait until Amazon posts their preorder link.  Should be very soon.

Ronald J Epstein

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#5 of 26 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted April 13 2012 - 09:37 AM

I need to get Amazon Prime. I ordered at least once a week.

#6 of 26 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,392 posts

Posted April 13 2012 - 10:29 AM

Amazon.com's pre-order links are already up and running, Ron...just saw them!!!

#7 of 26 OFFLINE   RobertR

RobertR

Lead Actor

• 9,609 posts

Posted April 13 2012 - 10:39 AM

I just want to know if the 2D version ( I have no use for the 3D version) will be in the original theatrical ratio.

#8 of 26 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,481 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted April 13 2012 - 10:47 AM

Took the link off in case it was used in stead of the HTF link. I also got a $3 gift cert for amazon with the order that I get when Titanic ships.
facebook.com/whotony

#9 of 26 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,184 posts

Posted April 13 2012 - 10:56 AM

Amazon preorder links added to original post.   Thank you, gentlemen.

Ronald J Epstein

#10 of 26 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,085 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted April 13 2012 - 11:19 AM

I just want to know if the 2D version ( I have no use for the 3D version) will be in the original theatrical ratio.
Except for IMAX screenings, the 2-D and 3-D re-release screenings of the movie are still 2.35 so that'll be the aspect ratio that's on the disc too.

#11 of 26 OFFLINE   RobertR

RobertR

Lead Actor

• 9,609 posts

Posted April 13 2012 - 11:23 AM

Except for IMAX screenings, the 2-D and 3-D re-release screenings of the movie are still 2.35 so that'll be the aspect ratio that's on the disc too.
Great, thanks for the info, Travis.

#12 of 26 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,550 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted April 13 2012 - 11:37 AM

Really? Avatar was 2.35x1 in the 3D theaters where I saw it, but the Blu-ray 3D is 1.78x1.

#13 of 26 OFFLINE   Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese

Screenwriter

• 2,777 posts

Posted April 13 2012 - 11:48 AM

Really? Avatar was 2.35x1 in the 3D theaters where I saw it, but the Blu-ray 3D is 1.78x1.
IIRC, Avatar was made available in multiple ratios depending on the particular theatre. I remember a survey coming in from Paramount asking about screen sizes in our auditoriums as they wanted it to run with the maximum size possible, which could be 1.85 or 'scope depending on the architecture. The IMAX (digital liemax) show I saw was approx. 1.78.
"Go ahead...make my day."

#14 of 26 ONLINE   Craig_Ehr

Craig_Ehr

Second Unit

• 329 posts

Posted April 13 2012 - 11:51 AM

the theatrical aspect ratio of 'Avatar 3D' depended on the theater you saw it in. if the masking was on the sides, then they opened up the screen to 2.35:1 and you received that presentation; conversely if the masking was top/bottom then then opened up the screen to 1.77:1 (or whatever it was). Jim Cameron wanted the theatrical experience to be as large as possible for any potential screening.

#15 of 26 OFFLINE   cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,992 posts
  • LocationNew York City/San Lorenzo, PR

Posted April 13 2012 - 11:54 AM

I don't see anything that refers to a standard 2D release. Is this going to be the main release?
RIP Roberto Gomez Bolanos.

#16 of 26 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,392 posts

Posted April 13 2012 - 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHTF /t/320016/james-camerons-titanic-3d-blu-ray-blu-ray-available-for-preorder#post_3916227 I don't see anything that refers to a standard 2D release. Is this going to be the main release?
They're on the right side links of Ron's opening post...pre-order away!!!

#17 of 26 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,550 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted April 13 2012 - 12:43 PM

I don't see anything that refers to a standard 2D release. Is this going to be the main release?
There is both a 3D/2D/Digital Copy/Ultraviolet release, and a 2D/DVD/Digital Copy/Ultraviolet release. That's why there is two of everything in the first post.

#18 of 26 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,085 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted April 13 2012 - 01:06 PM

There is both a 3D/2D/Digital Copy/Ultraviolet release, and a 2D/DVD/Digital Copy/Ultraviolet release. That's why there is two of everything in the first post.
Yeah, last I heard it was an industry standard that the 3-D version of a Blu-ray would always come with a 2-D copy as well. Not that that standard couldn't change but it seems like just including a 2-D version would be worth it just to stop potential headaches of people getting the '3-D only' copy and having to return it.

#19 of 26 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,550 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted April 13 2012 - 01:53 PM

Yeah, last I heard it was an industry standard that the 3-D version of a Blu-ray would always come with a 2-D copy as well. Not that that standard couldn't change but it seems like just including a 2-D version would be worth it just to stop potential headaches of people getting the '3-D only' copy and having to return it.
I have a couple of discs where the 3D and 2D version are on the same disc. Avatar is one of them, in fact. So it is not a requirement that the 3D and 2D versions be on separate discs, if that is what you are getting at.

#20 of 26 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,542 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted April 13 2012 - 02:27 PM

Is there both a downloadable digital copy (and therefore a permanent copy on your device) and the ultraviolet version? If so, this is the first time I've seen that.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users