Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Avengers: Age of Ultron in 2015

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#161 of 166 OFFLINE   Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 2,101 posts

Posted January 13 2015 - 09:54 PM

I would guess this lays serious ground for Captain America: Civil War. Where's the superhero oversight committee?

Well, they're already laying the groundwork in A2, but the casualties are more of a personal issue:

http://youtu.be/L2VoJuVfbjI?t=18m30s

#162 of 166 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,463 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 14 2015 - 05:01 AM

In the first movie the Avengers were the defenders. In this one, it looks like they are the cause.

I understand fans want to see the Avengers fighting Ultron but at the cost of innocent bystanders is a mixed message IMO especially when you make Tony Stark - or any of the heroes - responsible for the creation of a villain is a bad story choice.

But I guess I'm just old fashioned.

If Tony Stark is the cause of a catastrophe similar to the level of destruction in the first movie, I'm sure that will be dealt with and it should be. It's guaranteed to be a plot point in this or a future movie if only for the sake of giving something dramatic to Downey to play. Just to be perfectly clear, I think there's a difference between the characters having some responsibility for what their actions cause and the movie hanging a sign on The Avengers saving civilians in response to criticism of another franchise.

#163 of 166 OFFLINE   Brett_B

Brett_B

Supporting Actor

• 734 posts

Posted January 14 2015 - 08:22 AM

If Tony Stark is the cause of a catastrophe similar to the level of destruction in the first movie, I'm sure that will be dealt with and it should be. It's guaranteed to be a plot point in this or a future movie if only for the sake of giving something dramatic to Downey to play. Just to be perfectly clear, I think there's a difference between the characters having some responsibility for what their actions cause and the movie hanging a sign on The Avengers saving civilians in response to criticism of another franchise.

I think the first part of your quote relates to the scene in the most recent trailer of Thor grabbing Tony Stark by the neck and saying, "You meddled in something you don't understand." 

I also remember reading somewhere that Tony and Bruce Banner discovered a program (code) in one of the Chitauri warriors, and were experimenting on it which ultimately leads to the creation of Ultron (not that they used it exclusively, rather it became self-aware without their knowledge).

#164 of 166 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,815 posts

Posted January 14 2015 - 11:43 AM

I just hope for a sweet surprise in the movie.  Mainly in the form of one of my favorite characters from the Avengers comics.

A cameo by Jocasta :)

Avengers_Vol_1_170.jpg

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#165 of 166 OFFLINE   Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 2,101 posts

Posted January 14 2015 - 12:23 PM

I just hope for a sweet surprise in the movie.  Mainly in the form of one of my favorite characters from the Avengers comics.

A cameo by Jocasta :)

"Hope"?  I can "hope" for the freakin' Wasp, but I'm not going to get it.   :(

We already know about the characters we're not supposed to know about yet (even the Black Panther hint), and you'll have to make do with that.

#166 of 166 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,794 posts

Posted January 20 2015 - 06:47 PM

I read Avengers comics during the 70s into the mid 80s. I never thought I'd see Scarlet Witch,Vision and Quicksilver in a film.

Just realized this film is only a few months away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users