What's new

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Title: Avengers: Age of Ultron

Tagline: A New Age Has Come.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Joss Whedon

Cast: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, James Spader, Samuel L. Jackson, Don Cheadle, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Bettany, Cobie Smulders, Anthony Mackie, Hayley Atwell, Idris Elba, Linda Cardellini, Stellan Skarsgård, Claudia Kim, Thomas Kretschmann, Andy Serkis, Julie Delpy, Stan Lee, Henry Goodman, Chris Luca, Brian Schaeffer, Dominique Provost-Chalkley, Isaac Andrews, Gareth Kieran Jones, Chan Woo Lim, Minhee Yeo, Bentley Kalu, Julian Bleach, Christopher Beasley, Vuyo Dabula, Nondumiso Tembe, Kabelo Thai, Lele Ledwaba, Mandla Gaduka, Harriet Manamela, Beulah Hashe, Musca Kumalo, Mathapelo September, Antony Acheampong, Chioma Anyanwu, Ben Sakamoto, Imogen Poynton, Isabella Poynton, Ingvild Deila, Sunny Yeo, Namju Go, Mina Kweon, Earl T. Kim, Arthur Lee, Verity Hewlett, Michael Matovski, Alma Noce, Riccardo Richetta, Constanza Ruff, Monty Mclaren-Clark, Julia Krynke, Tony Christian, Ian Kay, Barry Aird, Aaron Himelstein, Kerry Condon, Jaiden Stafford, Josh Brolin, Robert J. Fraser, Daniel Westwood, Lou Ferrigno, Zakk Pierce

Release: 2015-04-22

Runtime: 141

Plot: When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth’s Mightiest Heroes are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to The Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for an epic and unique global adventure.

Hi ya
I thought I might as well start a new thread now that more news is being revealed about the next phase of the Avengers sequel
http://collider.com/kevin-feige-thor-2-iron-man-3-avengers-sequel-interview/158942/
How are the events of The Avengers go into the sequel of Thor? I’m assuming that’s being put together or you guys are thinking about it now.
Feige: We start filming in three months, it’s well underway. Look, the way The Avengers is constructed, not a lot of time passes over the course of the movie and whether it’s Cap or Thor on the ground in the States here in modern day, they don’t have a lot of time to deal to deal with their own stories, they’ve gotta deal with the stories of The Avengers. So while the relationship between Loki and Thor certainly has changed and has progressed, a lot of Thor 2 is picking up where it left off in terms of Jane, who you just saw for a moment on a computer monitor, and also what’s been going on in the nine realms without the Asgardians being able to use the Bifrost? I will just say it’s not good.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Here's a map of how all of the movies connect with each other:
8face603_marvel-cinema-map.gif

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
That's wrong. THE INCREDIBLE HULK happens at roughly the same time as IRON MAN 2, not IRON MAN. You can see news reports of what's going on in HULK on TV screens during one of the final scenes in IRON MAN 2.
And that also mean that IRON MAN 2 has to come first, as they don't refer to Tony Stark as a "consultant" (which is why he's seeing Thunderbolt Ross) until that final scene as well.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
MattAlbie60 said:
That's wrong. THE INCREDIBLE HULK happens at roughly the same time as IRON MAN 2, not IRON MAN. You can see news reports of what's going on in HULK on TV screens during one of the final scenes in IRON MAN 2.
And that also mean that IRON MAN 2 has to come first, as they don't refer to Tony Stark as a "consultant" (which is why he's seeing Thunderbolt Ross) until that final scene as well.
The map is from a production standpoint, not so much an in-story standpoint. "Incredible Hulk" was made more or less concurrently with "Iron Man", that's why they're listed next to each other. Despite Tony Stark's cameo, it sounds like they've rethought the Hulk from scratch for "The Avengers", so I'm not 100 percent sure we're supposed to take "The Incredible Hulk" at face value any more.

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
Oh oh oh. Well then yeah, that's right :)
It's not so much that they rethought him for THE AVENGERS, isn't just that there were two distinct interpretations of the ending of that movie - either that he learned to control his power, or he didn't. Seeing as how there is no HULK sequel and now there's THE AVENGERS, it means that he hasn't learned to control it.
They also try to explain why Tony Stark shows up in THE INCREDIBLE HULK in a Marvel short film on the THOR blu-ray, so we're definitely still supposed to be considering it canon. It's just that, in the grand scheme of things, it's probably the least important movie out of all of them.

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
MattAlbie60 said:
Oh oh oh. Well then yeah, that's right :)
It's not so much that they rethought him for THE AVENGERS, isn't just that there were two distinct interpretations of the ending of that movie - either that he learned to control his power, or he didn't. Seeing as how there is no HULK sequel and now there's THE AVENGERS, it means that he hasn't learned to control it.
They also try to explain why Tony Stark shows up in THE INCREDIBLE HULK in a Marvel short film on the THOR blu-ray, so we're definitely still supposed to be considering it canon. It's just that, in the grand scheme of things, it's probably the least important movie out of all of them.
I know the answer to the Incredible Hulk in Avengers. Apparently Whedon's come up with some clever about his status as Hulk...and apparently he's learned how to control it with an interesting twist to the character.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
That's good news about Joss Whedon doing Avengers 2. He did a great job with The Avengers and I'm glad he'll be the one expanding on that.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Here's an article with an interesting interview with Whedon:
http://www.examiner.com/article/marvel-s-the-avengers-2-news-and-captain-america-2-movie-sequel-updates
A few excerpts:
G: It was recently announced that you’ll be directing The Avengers 2, but should we be expecting bigger events, a bigger team and a bigger villain for the next movie?
W: It would seem so. Normally you would think a sequel would be bigger, but I was thinking I’d like to do the opposite and go smaller. When I presented that idea I was asked in return “So you’re going to turn down the volume on the movie?”, but that’s not what I meant at all. Of course new characters will be added. But having just met this wonderful cast, even I’ve just begun groping for a demonstration of what kind of synergy they have together. I’ve said that it’s important to put in not only necessarily always a large scale, but a lot of love. Movies can be on a grand scale but also more personal. I’ve already touched on that, so I don’t really need to go into it again. The issue is really just how deep can I delve in.
Initially when I read elsewhere Whedon saying he wanted to go "smaller" with the next one it left me scratching my head, seeing as how the whole point of The Avengers is that they come together when the threat is so large that not one individual hero could deal with it. I didn't post that here because I thought it needed clarification. Then when I read this article (linked above) it clarified better what he meant. He want's to really delve deeper into the characters and relationships (but still with the movie on a grand scale).
Another interesting bit about his involvement in the Marvel Cinematic Universe:
G: How much will you be involved with future Marvel movies?
W: I’ll be very deeply involved. My contract is not simply to make The Avengers 2 with potential villains, but to consult on the entire Marvel world view. So that’s why I’m involved in TV series as well. I’m talking with Kevin [Feige] about all of the future movies that will be released. They’ll all be great movies and we’re cooperating so that they all tie into The Avengers 2.
G: So they’ll all be unified them.
W: Yes. But since they should all have their own unique franchise identities, they can’t all be the same. So we’re continually careful to not have them fall into the same pattern, and we definitely have to meet expectations. Naturally they all have to have ties back to Avengers. It’s very fun creating an integrated world, but at the same time they are each unique. When they’re all together they’ll definitely be exciting.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
A brief quote from Joss about the tone of Avengers 2:
The creation of the team is not the happy ending," he said. "It is the beginning of something that is complex and difficult, and now I get to dig a little deeper. And maybe, while I'm digging, just twist that knife. And that's exciting for me.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Another interview with Joss
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/12/joss-whedon-much-ado-about-nothing_n_1876182.html
Clark Gregg is in "Much Ado," too. The Internet is saying he could return in the sequel to "The Avengers" as Vision. I don't know how this works. If you wanted that to happen, could you make that happen? Do you have that power?
I have some power, you know? I think there's a level of trust. You know, Kevin Feige and I have always had mutual respect, and on the first movie he was very supportive. But there were definitely things where they were like, "Hmm, we don't see that." And I think now Kevin's in a place where it would be more like, "We don't see it, but we think you do."
Like, "We can't argue with the way the last one did"?
Yeah. And that doesn't mean they're just going to roll over and I'm going to say, "Oh, it's 'Great Lakes Avengers' and we're going to get Squirrel Girl and you're gonna love it." You know, they need to believe. But all I want to do is make the movie that they want. And so it's been great. We're having that same kind of, "What if? Oh, and what if?" And "I was thinking it would be funny ... ooh ooh ooh." There's definitely a level of earned trust, but as with any good studio head or producer, that doesn't mean a free pass.
And from a different interview...
You didn’t sign on to Avengers 2 right away. How hard a decision was it to sign to write and direct the sequel?
Avengers 2, it wasn’t a tough decision. For a long time I thought, “Well, it’s just not going to happen.” Then when I actually started to consider it, it became so clear that I desperately wanted to say more about these characters, it would’ve been an easy no and it was a spectacularly easy yes. There was no wrestling. Either scenario was delightful. It was a win win but I’m very excited about it.
Damn! 3 years is a long time off, but I'm really excited for The Avengers 2 and all of the new Phase 2 entries! Can't wait 'til we get started next May with Iron Man 3!

vencruise

Auditioning
o..! wow avengers 2., can any one please tell me the releasing date of this movie. i am really waiting for this very badly...........

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
May 1, 2015
Edit: Weird. I'd swear the above date was in response to a question that now appears to have been removed.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Kevin Feige talks about Thanos
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/172803-kevin-feige-talks-about-thanos-in-upcoming-marvel-movies
Clearly, there's a purpose to us putting him in the end of that movie. We do have plans for him," said Feige. "I wouldn't say we ever feel the need to rush anything one way or the other. We succeeded in Phase One because we stuck to our guns and stuck to the plan. That plan took place over many, many years and it ultimately paid off. I see Phase Two unfolding in the same way of us taking our time, us doing what's right for each individual movie, while folding in elements that will not only build up to the culmination of Phase Two, but even Phase Three.
Cool that they are already giving at least some thought to Phase 3.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
more from Kevin Feige : http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/01/24/avengers-2-kevin-feige-joss-whedon/
Joss Whedon is hard at work directing "S.H.I.E.L.D." right now, but when he's not on the Helicarrier, he's equally busy toiling away at the script and story of "The Avengers 2." When MTV News spoke with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige about "Iron Man 3" and beyond, he gave us a sense of where things stand with the hotly-awaited "Avengers" sequel. "It's still early days," he said, "but I told [Whedon] after reading the first sketch outline he delivered — and there's a lot of work still to do, he has to sit down and turn this into a movie — but there are already seven things in there that are worth the price of admission alone." Don't bother asking Feige what those seven things are — believe me, I tried; the man is a vault. But Feige insists that some of "the seven" won't make sense to fans until the upcoming Marvel movies like "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" hit theaters.
Very curious about the 7 things that Feige mentioned. What could they be ?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
image.jpg

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are very likely to be in Avengers 2!
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/05/02/iron-man-3-marvel-phase-two/6/
Joss Whedon has finished a first-draft and told reporters at the Iron Man 3 premiere there will be a brother-sister team in it. Fans began speculating online that Quicksilver, who can move with incredible speed, and his sorceress sister Scarlet Witch were the only possible contenders.
A source close to the movie confirms to EW that, yes, they are the ones in the script.
Feige kept his poker face when asked about it. I’m not confirming or denying,” the producer said. “The draft could change six months from now.” He notes that the Mandarin was the main villain in the first Iron Man movie until shortly before filming began.
All of the Avengers from the first movie will be back. At least, that’s the plan. Robert Downey Jr. has currently fulfilled his contract obligations as Iron Man, but nobody – including the actor himself – expects that he’ll skip this one.
Just like in the comics, new characters will also join the ranks. “What’s fun is that the roster shifts,” Feige says. “It was always the intention to have a storyline that brought in, obviously, new bad guys and potentially new heroes.”

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Joss Whedon has now confirmed that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver will be in Avengers 2
"You know, they had a rough beginning. They’re interesting to me because they sort of represent the part of the world that wouldn’t necessarily agree with The Avengers. So they’re not there to make things easier. I’m not putting any characters in the movie that will make things easier.”
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/176981-joss-whedon-confirms-quicksilver-and-scarlet-witch-talks-iron-man-returning
And he confirms the return of Tony Stark as Iron Man
“Well, I feel like in Iron Man 3, even though he said, ‘I’ve changed' -- he blew up his remote suits, but I don’t think anybody thinks he doesn’t have one anymore. The question is, if The Avengers are called, does he show up? And the answer is, ‘Yes!’”

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Joss Whedon talks a bit more about the mutant twins joining The Avengers 2:
"well, besides the fact that I grew up reading them, their powers are very visually interesting. One of the problems I had on the first one was, everybody basically had punchy powers. 'I can hit,' 'I can also hit.' Hopefully it didn't get too boring. But coming into the second one, he's got super speed. She can weave spells and a little telekinesis, get inside your head. There’s good stuff that they can do that will help sort of keep it fresh."
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/177121-joss-whedon-talks-scarlet-witch-and-quicksilver-in-the-avengers-2
Some silly Internet people had been wondering if Brain Singer using Quicksilver in Fox's Days of Future Past would cause Whedon and Marvel to change their plans regarding using Quicksilver. Clearly not.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It'll be interesting to see if they cast the same actor and actress in the roles for both movies. Singer's signed Evan Peters for Quicksilver in X-Men: Days of Future Past while Whedon is reportedly circling Saoirse Ronan for the Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks