-

Photo
- - - - -

Warranty dilemma- do I take another Vizio TV or cash for something else?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen

Producer

• 4,002 posts

Posted April 11 2012 - 12:14 PM

Long story short is my Vizio TV's been having problems, company's service has been awful so the warranty people are offering me a reconditioned Vizio with 3D (passive) which would be a step up from what I have now, or cash to get something else, but not as much as I originally paid for the TV so I'd have to pony up a few hundred more bucks to get another brand. I have about 24 hours to decide so just want to ask what YOU would do?
Home video oddities, old commercials and other junk: http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeh8nbc

#2 of 6 Scott Shanks

Scott Shanks

Second Unit

• 381 posts
  • LocationLouisville, Ky

Posted April 11 2012 - 09:59 PM

I would take the reconditioned Vizio.
Scott Shanks
Louisville, KY
My DVD Collection

#3 of 6 Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Producer

• 6,317 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted April 12 2012 - 12:35 AM

run away from Vizio. You bought shit at a walmart bargain price. Good thing you got a good extended warranty. Take the money and buy a good product (from a good / established company).

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

#4 of 6 Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,933 posts

Posted April 15 2012 - 12:37 PM

Count me in with Gregg on this one. When I was seeking out a t.v. repair man to fix my t.v., the one thing they all said in common was that these newer and cheaper models are made to last for about 5 years and the components are set up so that it requires a tech to replace an entire board to fix the issue. Take the money and run, get a Panasonic or Sony. You may need to add a little more, but it will be worth it.
Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

#5 of 6 VivienLeigh

VivienLeigh

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted April 18 2012 - 08:24 PM

How you can convert SWF to FLV This is actually the prevalent problem lots of people encounter. Because the question pointed out above, you will find many online SWF to FLV ripper tools, however the online SWF to FLV ripper tools is not so stable, the disposable SWF to FLV conversion program obtain a quality loss too. Thus a great SWF to FLV ripper tools is the greatest choice. Higosoft SWF to FLV Converter is specifically designed to help individuals convert SWF to FLV. With obvious and user-friendly interface, SWF to FLV ripper tools causes it to be simple to use. SWF ripper tools to FLV guarantees the very best output video quality and fast encoding speed. 3 advice on the SWF Video Ripper tools that you should keep close track of Tips 1: This SWF to Video Ripper tools enables you to definitely play Expensive video and Expensive games, record the process of methods you play a SWF game, after which convert it to video for uploading to YouTube, Face book, Bebo, etc for discussing. Tips 2: You are able to import SWF to Home windows Movie Maker and several portable products like The new sony Las vegas, iTunes, QuickTime, PPT, The new sony Las vegas, Premiere Professional, Consequences, ipod device, apple iphone, iPad, Rim, Amazon Kindle Fire, Samsung Universe S II, HTC, Nokia, etc with SWF files Ripper tools. Tips 3: You are able to personalize SWF files for example add watermark towards the output video, crop the image frame to get rid of undesirable areas and adjust parameters for example Encoder, Resolution, Frame Rate, Bit Rate, Sample Rate, etc. SWF to FLV ripper tools is a great option to ripper tools SWF to FLV with excellent output video quality inside a couple of minutes, simple to use, obvious software interface, it's worth you to definitely own one. Original from: SWF to FLV Original from: SWF Converter converting swf to m4v converting swf to mkv converting swf to avi converting swf to mov converting swf to mpeg converting swf to wmv converting SWF to MP4

#6 of 6 Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen

Producer

• 4,002 posts

Posted April 24 2012 - 04:31 PM

I took the money, will hopefully be getting a 60-inch Sharp 3D model tomorrow. Vizio's service and handling of this whole problem (a number of their TVs had their frame rates messed up after the last firmware update, I've seen other complaints about it on other forums but Vizio refuses to admit this is a problem) has me disgusted with their company and I likely won't buy any more of their stuff. Choosing the Sharp because it has active 3D and is PAL-compatible. Was considering a Sony but it's a few hundred more for 5 inches LESS, and heard of too many problems with them- in fact at one store the model I was considering had a black line down the screen, and at another store their display model was dead on arrival! I can change out boards if I have to, in fact I'm probably going to order a new video board for the Vizio and see if it fixes the problem so I can sell it with a clearer conscience- the company isn't taking it back. (Not getting a Panasonic because their stuff isn't PAL-compatible!)
Home video oddities, old commercials and other junk: http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeh8nbc