Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Magnavox DVD recorder issue (or something I am doing wrong): chapter mark incompatability on R's but not on RW's

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Michael Rogers

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor

• 732 posts

Posted April 10 2012 - 09:11 AM

Does anyone have experience with Magnavox DVD recorders? I am able to play the finalized DVD +/- R's just fine on any machine but any chapter marks I add are invisible to other DVD players unless I use the RW style discs. And this has held true with my first Magnavox machine, a MWR 10D6 and when that conked I replaced it with another MWR 10D6, same problem. Then, I recently upgraded to a MDR513H with a hard drive and still, that one produces DVD-/+R's with chapter marks that can't be read by other machines. It makes me wonder if there is a step I am missing that I can't find or comprehend in the instructions. I mean is there a step before finalization that would have these chapter marks be read on other machines. I stick with Magnavox because I am used to their editing system and in general they are good but this has always been a mystery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users