-

Photo
- - - - -

Queen to play four shows this year with Adam Lambert

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Michael Allred

Michael Allred

Screenwriter

• 1,718 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted April 10 2012 - 01:50 AM

http://www.billboard...006692352.story Sweet!

#2 of 7 Carl Miller

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

• 1,461 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 02:20 PM

I wasn't much interested in Paul Rodgers singing with Queen, but Lambert seems like a perfect fit for them. He has a great voice.

Carl

#3 of 7 EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,475 posts

Posted April 19 2012 - 03:18 AM

There are audio-only clips of Adam and Queen on YouTube from their performance at the European MTV Awards.  The video versions seemed to be blocked in the US by Fremantle Entertainment.

#4 of 7 EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,475 posts

Posted April 20 2012 - 02:08 PM

Brian and Roger...and the Queen Extravaganza...hit American Idol next week!

Press Release: Queen Back On American Idol

#5 of 7 Michael Allred

Michael Allred

Screenwriter

• 1,718 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted April 21 2012 - 03:48 PM

There are audio-only clips of Adam and Queen on YouTube from their performance at the European MTV Awards.  The video versions seemed to be blocked in the US by Fremantle Entertainment.

Which is why I recorded it in HD on my DVR a few months ago :)

#6 of 7 ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,485 posts

Posted April 22 2012 - 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Carl Miller 

I wasn't much interested in Paul Rodgers singing with Queen, but Lambert seems like a perfect fit for them. He has a great voice.

I know you may not be actually saying this, but Paul Rodgers has one of the all time great voices in Rock and Roll.  I will wager that his fame, staying power and vastly memorable recordings with multiple bands will outlast Adam Lambert many times over.

It takes 52 pounds of pressure to rupture an eyeball... :blink: 

#7 of 7 Carl Miller

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

• 1,461 posts

Posted April 22 2012 - 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristopherG 

I know you may not be actually saying this, but Paul Rodgers has one of the all time great voices in Rock and Roll.  I will wager that his fame, staying power and vastly memorable recordings with multiple bands will outlast Adam Lambert many times over.

Oh, I agree! I was a Bad Company fan growing up and even saw the Firm in concert my senior year in college. Rodgers has one of the best and most distinctive voices in Rock. But, as someone who grew up on Queen (News of the World was the first album I ever bought), I couldn't get into his voice matched with Queen's music. It just didn't work for me no matter how much I wanted it to.  I'm not much of a fan of Lambert's studio recordings outside one or two songs I think are ok. But when I hear him sing acoustic versions of those songs, they're usually very good. I think he'd have a longer career if he played adult contemporary music actually.  However, he won't and he'll be nothing more than a blip in music history 10 years from now like most every artist these days, but his voice in my opinion is well suited for Queen's music. He has the range and potentially the ability to bring the drama of Freddie's voice to the music in a way I think could be good.

Carl