-

Photo
- - - - -

Denon AVR 588 Help Needed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Gootz66

Gootz66

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted April 06 2012 - 05:32 AM

Sorry if this has been discussed or answered already. I tried searching around and couldnt come up with anything pertaining to my issues. I just moved and reset all my speakers and devices the same way they were before I moved, however now when I select cinema I get only half of the audio. i.e. during watching shows, movies, or playing a game conversations and talking or sound effects do not play correctly but other sounds play just fine. Everything plays and works as normal with 5ch/7ch selected and cinema will play correctly when I change surround mode to music but that doesnt stay if i change back to 5ch/7ch I am totally lost right now and really need some help to get everything back to normal. I have the boston speakers that came with the set. Fronts are set to "A" and center is hooked up correctly as is the back speakers hooked up to surround. If i need to provide any additional info, please let me know. TIA and hope someone can jump in and help me out soon. Cheers!

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Gootz66

Gootz66

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted April 07 2012 - 07:19 AM

Bump

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,518 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted April 07 2012 - 07:37 AM

Hi Jason, welcome to HTF! It sounds like your center channel is not hooked up properly. Doublecheck the connections at the speaker and the receiver to make sure.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Gootz66

Gootz66

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted April 07 2012 - 10:44 AM

Hi Jason, welcome to HTF! It sounds like your center channel is not hooked up properly. Doublecheck the connections at the speaker and the receiver to make sure.

OMFG! I feel like such a dumb$#!@! When I went through all the wires and took them all out and put them back in, I never bothered to check the other end connected to the acyual speaker and one was out. Thanks. I really appreciate it.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,518 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted April 07 2012 - 10:47 AM

I'm glad I could help! The problem is more common than you would think...just in the last month, someone else had the exact same thing going on!