Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Copland

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor

• 926 posts

Posted December 22 2001 - 07:54 PM

Just watched this film and the DVD left me wanting more. The transfer was very medicore IMO. Also the extras, the trailer has a crap load of footage in it that didn't make it into the film. Any chance of this film becoming a Vista Series disc or anything like that?

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Steve Simm

Steve Simm

Stunt Coordinator

• 103 posts

Posted December 23 2001 - 04:52 AM

I would like to see a version of this film with many of the scenes from the trailer added to the movie. It did seem like a lot was missing. I enjoyed the film and thought the transfer was pretty decent- but it has been a couple of years since I've seen it so maybe the picture is worse than I remember.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Brad_W

Brad_W

Screenwriter

• 1,361 posts

Posted December 23 2001 - 01:47 PM

First, Sly was "adorable" in this movie with his chubby cheeks and what-not. I kept wanting to call him, B.J. (as in Brandon Joseph... not "the other bj"). I loved the movie and I too want more. However, I have yet to buy the dvd. Maybe I'll wait longer in case of a SE.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,261 posts

Posted December 24 2001 - 03:51 AM

Don't know if it will become a Vista edition, but I do know the MSRP has been lowered to fifteen bucks. Maybe this is a way of dumping inventory of the bare-bones disc in antcipationof a better release, as was true with TOMBSTONE.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Tom-G

Tom-G

Screenwriter

• 1,646 posts

Posted December 24 2001 - 04:35 AM

Does this DVD have a commentary track? There is one on the laserdisc and I seem to remember picking up the laser because it something different from the DVD.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor

• 926 posts

Posted December 24 2001 - 02:41 PM

The LaserDisc had a commentary and Deleted scenes on it. As for the DVD, just a trailer. This one deserves the SE treatment I think.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted December 25 2001 - 02:27 PM

Copland is a pretty good movie - one of Sly's better efforts and a very strong supporting cast as well. I wouldn't mind having a special edition for this one.
Recently watched- Lethal Weapon, Home Alone 2: Lost In New York, Home Alone, An American Christmas Carol, It's A Spongebob Christmas!, Four Christmases, Love & Other Drugs, Assault On Precinct 13(1976), Lovejoy Christmas Specials, Die Hard 2: Die Harder, Die Hard, Up 3D, The Grandmaster, Edge Of Tomorrow 3D, The Comedy Of Terrors, The Raven(1963)

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Arrow: Season 2, Star Trek: Season 1

"Keep the change your filthy animal!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users