Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Bruce Willis wants to donate his ski resort at Soldier Mt. to a non-profit

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls

Lead Actor

• 7,829 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted April 04 2012 - 06:44 AM

Bruce Willis and his former wife once owned much of Hailey, Idaho, and also were the main owners of the nearby Soldier Mountain ski resort. I guess times aren't so great on the Willis front: he's selling much of his holdings and now has offered to donate the Soldier Mountain ski resort to a non-profit group that will step up to keep the place operating. http://www.mtexpress...p?ID=2005141448 I guess operating at a loss for several years isn't helping his cash flow any. I don't ski anymore but I would guess that Soldier Mountain is in a tough spot. Boise has the local Bogus Basin resort 15 miles from downtown, and it's a non-profit that fits family budgets. If you drive 2 hours from Boise you can be in well-known Sun Valley. From Boise it's about 2/3 of the way to Sun Valley to get to Soldier Mountain.
Feline videophiles Condoleezza and Dukie.

#2 of 4 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,829 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 09 2012 - 05:22 AM

All kinds of cool people own property in Idaho.  Posted Image

And to be filed in the "Things I Never Knew" folder:  there's a website called: www.FamousHomeowners.com.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#3 of 4 ONLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,193 posts

Posted April 09 2012 - 05:37 AM

Don't mean to sound so cynical, and he will hopefully donate it to a good cause, but I'm sure he'll get a big charity tax write off so it's not the wonderful altruistic thing everyone thinks it may be.
Stan

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,647 posts

Posted April 09 2012 - 01:03 PM

I don't think it is ever claimed that he is being altruistic. I'm pretty sure most people suspect he is doing it for tax purposes; however, even with a tax write off he probably isn't going to come out ahead if the business has been losing money steadily. At least the non-profit route gives the employees there a chance at preserving their jobs if the business can be saved. At the same time Willis cuts some of his losses. It looks like the best chance at creating a win-win situation.
"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."