Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Problems with HDMI/DVI HDCP

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   neilsabharwal

neilsabharwal

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted April 02 2012 - 11:14 AM

So my desired setup is as follows Sat box + apple tv --> 2x hdmi --> Harman Kardon AVR 1650 Receiver --> HDMI to DVI converter --->DVI--->720p TV The satalite box is picked up fine by the receiver and is recognized as 1080i The problem is that the receiver recognizes the apple tv as a 1080p device even though it is set to 720p, and tries to pass that to the tv, and the tv will not accept the signal. I spoke to a harman kardon rep and they told me that this was due to HDCP incompliance with the DVI/HDMI converter on the output of the receiver. The apple tv works fine directly plugged in to the HDMI/DVI converter to the tv. Does anyone know a way around this. I was thinking of going apple tv-->HDMI to DVI-->DVI to HDMI--> receiver. Which could possibly force the receiver into 720?

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   neilsabharwal

neilsabharwal

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted April 03 2012 - 02:44 AM

i resolved this issue by using an external hdmi switcher and running optical cables to the receiver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users