What's new

Wrath of the Titans - quick review (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Overall, this followup to "Clash of the Titans" is briskly paced, featuring quite a lot of action, mythological creatures reigning fire on humans, while the gods find themselves at critical time in their own existence. While the film plays out familial relationships between fathers and sons (gods and half-gods/half-humans), it doesn't quite flesh out Perseus's half-brother Ares (Zeus being their father) in this story, while also introducing us to Agenor (son of Poseidon) and Andromeda. With the rumblings of the chief Titan, Cronos, threatening to lay waste to humanity, as it were, the gods were the ones who held the Titans in check, but humanity's need for self-reliance provided a double-edge sword in weakening the gods and allowing the titans rise in power once more. Humanity's hopes lie in Perseus and other half-gods/half-humans to ward off such major threats.
The film doesn't really allow the story to breathe, as it moves quickly from one set piece to another as the plot has Perseus and the gang to retrieve the parts needed to ward a defense against Cronos and his wrath. There are some column-bruising fight scenes that seem to play out far longer than necessary at times, and a lot of chaos comes from the creatures set loose by Cronos on the humans. The dialogue is clunky, but they do a decent job of reminding us that Perseus's greatest strength is his courage under fire as he suffers wounds quite easily as a normal human, but presses on the fight.
The door is open for a sequel, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did happen.
I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I really liked the first movie. This movie was ok. My 9yr old liked it. Just felt odd and similar to Immortals in that the gods were weakened and done with.

Vaughan Odendaal

Second Unit
Why did Zeus die at the end? He still looked okay at the end of the fight, then he just turned into ash? WTF?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks