-

Photo
- - - - -

Eosone RSF-1000 setup help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 BrettGallman

BrettGallman

Screenwriter

• 1,392 posts

Posted March 31 2012 - 10:05 AM

This is going to sound like a totally newbie question, but, after years of dealing with HTIAB speakers, I have this set of real, genuine speakers. The only problem is that I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to the fronts, which have built in powered subs.  There's also two sets of speaker terminals on it, so, my short question is this:  what do I do to make sure I'm getting the full use out of this thing? I'm sure it's not just a matter of hooking it up to the receiver and plugging it in, so any help you guys can give me is surely appreciated.

I managed to find this picture of this model online, and here's my main question:  in the middle (to the left of the volume and crossover knobs), there's two jacks.  It says processor above it, but there's one in and one out--I'm assuming that I can just hook a subwoofer cable from my receiver's pre-out into the "in" onto this speaker. If that's correct, then what is the "out" for?

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

Oh, the Horror - Horror Reviews from All Decades and All Sub-Genres!
Balls Academy -  Your Alma mater for teen films, raunchy, low-brow comedies, sexploitation & coming of age dramas.
Other recent reviews: Super | Thor Tobacco RoadSource Code | Sucker Punch |

#2 of 2 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,741 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted April 01 2012 - 05:16 PM

It would be helpful if you gave us the make and model of the speakers.  I would guess that the out is so you can daisy-chain them.  Go from the sub out on the receiver to the first speaker in, the first speaker out to the second speaker in.