-

Photo
- - - - -

Wait Until Dark 45th Anniversary?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 812 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted March 29 2012 - 02:42 PM

Does anyone know if WB is planning on releasing this title this year? With this year being the 45th anniversary, I don't see why they want to pass up the oppertunity, seeing that they missed the 40th anniversary back in 2007.

#2 of 10 ONLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,307 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 30 2012 - 12:19 AM

I would certainly love to have the film on Blu-ray. It's one of the great thrillers of the 1960s.

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Producer

• 4,210 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted March 30 2012 - 12:28 AM

Oh, me too.  Superb film, and an instant buy.

And this is not a reflection on your post, but I am SICK of film releases seemingly having to be based on anniversaries.  The FILM is what matters, not some kind of fake celebration of it.

Does anyone know how it began?  What were the first couple of home video "Anniversary" releases back in Beta/VHS/LD days?  My guess would be the usual suspects -- Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, maybe Disney?  Does it go back farther?  Was a film ever shown on TV using its anniversary in the publicity?

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,743 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted March 30 2012 - 01:02 AM

It would make a better October release than THE BAD SEED did last year.  Though I am not slamming THE BAD SEED for I enjoy it for all its camp and glory and glad I have the Blu-ray.  WAIT UNTIL DARK is a heart stopper in some scenes and an instant buy also.

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,052 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted March 30 2012 - 01:43 AM

And this is not a reflection on your post, but I am SICK of film releases seemingly having to be based on anniversaries.  The FILM is what matters, not some kind of fake celebration of it.

Yep. Other than the fans who want to use the anniversary as a reason why a movie should be released (which is understandable), no one but studios care about anniversaries. No one has ever thought "I wouldn't have bought this last year but since this year's anniversary ends in '5' or '0', I'm getting this disc!"

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,743 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted March 30 2012 - 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Ratko Mladic 

This is job for WB.Speaking of their catalogue - 'The Haunting' (original) on Blu would be GREAT too! Posted Image

Here is another vote for THE HAUNTING (1963) on Blu-ray also.  Robert Wise was able to give us a very scary film by using nothing but atmosphere and great acting.  A tool today's filmmakers should learn and use.

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,264 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted March 30 2012 - 05:11 AM

Yes, yes to both films, but especially The Haunting. A good b&w film on blu. Yes, yes.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 812 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted March 30 2012 - 06:11 AM

The Haunting should be out next year in time for the 50th Anniversary. The Haunting, is a very good movie, I thought when I first saw it how many years back that this was a William Castle film.

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   johnSM

johnSM

Second Unit

• 432 posts

Posted March 31 2012 - 01:56 AM

Ditto The Haunting - that fabulous black & white photography, peerless scary sound mix & atmosphere would just be fantastic in high def! Droooool!

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 812 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted March 31 2012 - 01:13 PM

Saw this the other day on ebay, this would make a nice inculsion for special features. http://www.ebay.com/...=item56497df052