What's new

The Killing: Season Two (1 Viewer)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, is that the normal time now? i thought it was a 10:00 show last season.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
It's two episodes this week so it's starting early but I'm guessing it's normally on at 9 PM (since Mad Men has the 10 PM slot now).
That must be it. There was a two-hour+ Mad Men this past Sunday starting at 9 PM. I was surprised that we get two 2-hour season premieres two weeks in a row. I'm interested in seeing how things develop.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"Yo, Lindo. Leavin' you another massage, girl. Please hit me back on my cell bones. I gots to talks to yoos! We are pons, Lindo! Pons! They playing chest wit' us. Messin' wit' our minz, yo. Belko shots his moms even. In a bathtub, yo! P.S. Richmond gonna get the chair. But not the elec-trick one. Well, it will be elec-trick, yo. But not like the Green Mile, yo!
"Oh, snap. The blu-ray of dat is bombs, yo. Tell Jake he can cop it off me when you leave him in a lonely hotel rum. Lindo, we still partnerds! Yoos goats to talk to me! Also, lemme 'splain my 'Walk on the Far Side' reference in my last voicemail. Rosie Larson to Gary Larson who wrote the Far Side. Lates'r!"

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
When Holder was on the phone and said something about Belko's "moms," I immediately thought of you, Josh :)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
From the end of the season finale, I thought Holder was in on the conspiracy, but as these two episodes showed, he clearly is a pawn. I wonder when Linden will start to trust him again.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
NeilO said:
From the end of the season finale, I thought Holder was in on the conspiracy...
That's how I took it too and I'm very glad I was wrong. For all the griping about the lack of resolution in the cliffhanger, I thought Holder being part of some conspiracy the whole time was way worse than not revealing the killer.
Joel Kinnaman does that suburban gangster affectation very well.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Finally got around to watching the two back-to-back episodes today. As with season one, so many twists and turns that it almost gives me a headache, but I don't see how anyone who had stayed with the show this long could bear not to keep following it.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
To answer your question MattH, I hit a point late in the season last year where I started losing interest, and the way that the season ended finished that interest for me. I just had no desire to continue slogging through it this season.
Now, please note that I think that it's a very well put together show, it looks fantastic, well acted, but I just found the writing a bit draining.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yep, it's bleak, no question about it. But that HAS been the tone from the beginning. I guess it can get wearisome over the course of a season, but I'm in for the long haul, I imagine.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Really enjoyed the two hour premiere. All the people that complained about the lack of closure with regard to Rosie's killer should appreciate that it was in their best interests now. Still plenty of story to tell, apparently.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
My wife and I are new to The Killing, after reading a Washington Post reviewer's mention of season two starting.
Don't know how we completely missed season one.
Last week we started watching season one on Netflix, several episodes a day, and finished season one in time to watch the season two on DVR.
We love the program, but now we're depressed having to wait a week between episodes after our rapid sojourn through season one.
The only thing we don't like about the program is that when the characters are out in downpours, their faces don't seem to get wet.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Joe Bernardi /t/319673/the-killing-season-two#post_3913448
We love the program, but now we're depressed having to wait a week between episodes after our rapid sojourn through season one.
Ah yes. There needs to be a name for that. One of these days I'll learn my lesson and not start watching a show until the series is completely over.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
ScottH said:
Ah yes.  There needs to be a name for that.  One of these days I'll learn my lesson and not start watching a show until the series is completely over.
I always say it but watching a serialized show week to week and the years over its run is part of the fun. If I sat down and watched all the episodes of The Killing in a few days or a week, the reveal of whodunit wouldn't really mean half as much to me as when I've spent 2 years watching and waiting to get the answer.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"Yo, Lindo! I gots that backpack, yo. Rosie kepts her stuffs all up in it. Someone is tortrin' her dads wit' it. Left it out front of their hizzy. Cold-blooded, Lindo. Like hows you been treatin' me. For reals, yo. I almos' dun drugs again. That pure white was straight up callin' to me. I feel, like, this close to gettin' my smoke on. A big smoke. Like Lost Monster-big, yo.
"Anyway, I miss our partnerdship. We were good together, Lindo! You always wit' that extra-thick turtselneck. I miss that apparel, yo!
"Oh, ha. Get this! Richmond's all cocoon-like in that hospital for days, yo. Anyway, get this -- he JUST realized his junk's on the fritz too! He knew the legs but not his peep! Ha. But, y'know, not ha. Because I guess he's all innocent. Belko rampaged the wrong murderer, yo.
"PLEASE hit me back on my smellphone ASAP. You don' even know how much I miss bouncin' words off your always shruggin' body. Hit me back...before I take a hit. Ha. Lakers."
---
10 minutes later:
Person calling Linden's phone: "You need to come pick up Mulder. I mean, 'Holder'."

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Seeing Richmond dig that campaign pin into his leg was really unsettling and sad.
On a different topic, I knew people were pissed about the end of last season but I stumbled upon the comments section at The Onion AV Club today and those people are fucking crazy. I certainly got a laugh out of seeing people get that mad about a TV show but at the same time, it's frightening.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Admittedly I wasn't bothered by how they left it last season, but after seeing the direction it's taken this season, I don't know how anyone can be upset with the decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks