What's new

Ghost Story/Circle Of Fear DVD release 5/1/2012 (1 Viewer)

Joe Kelly

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JOE
Great news. This was announced earlier this week on the TV Shows On DVD website. Here's the link:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Ghost-Story-The-Complete-Series/16712
Sorry, the release date in this topic should be May 1st, 2012 (not 2011).

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i am glad to see more shows from the 1960s and 1970s are making it too dvd. I would take many of the 1960s and 1970s over anything tv produces today. There has been no real anthology shows since the re-make of outerlimits went off the air.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
My wife loves this show (tells me how it spooked the daylights out of her as a kid). Since it's being released on May 1st, maybe I'll pick it up for her as a Mother's Day gift.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Here is a link to Ghost Story http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Story-aka-Circle-Fear/dp/B007Q0JJD6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333803206&sr=8-1
It is available on amazon.com but not amazon.ca yet. It may be a few months before it shows up on amazon.ca. I have notify customer service for amazon.com that i am not happy with how new releases are handled on amazon.ca.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have checked out a few sites were i could see some of the episodes and get a feel for the show. The show looks interesting and one i like to add to my collection, but it is currently unavailable in Canada and the price from the united states is too costly for me. I may have to wait it out for a few months, like i did for twilight zone.
It is it me or is there are some strange releases for TV shows, like Casablanca or Ghost Story/Circle of Fear. I welcome people thoughts and/or suggestions.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
HenryDuBrow said:
Hi Paul, have you tried PlanetAxel? They have it and ship worldwide.
Hi Henry,
The price is not much difference between amazon. I ended up just ordering the set from amazon. I will fit the set into my budget by reducing what i spend in the next few months. June does not appear to have anything i want so the ghost story will be like my june purchase. I also looking at tarzan down the road, especially if the price comes down and it is available in Canada. Amazon.ca is brutal with releases, especially on demand. Some on demand releases make it to Canada while others don't. I have complain to amazon.ca, but i just get scripted responses from india. Amazon.ca customer support center for Canada is brutal.
I can not miss anthology series as i have twilight zone, night gallery, thriller, outerlimits (old and new), etc. I am still hoping in search of by leonard nimoy makes it to dvd. I watch a couple episodes yesterday and they would still be relevant in today's world along with Jacques Cousteau's work. It is too bad the school could show some of these old shows as the still have meaning today!!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Don't know if this helps, but at the moment Planet Axel are offering free shipping on everything on their website at the moment (for a limited time). Thought there was a catch, but nope, free shipping (check the small print in the bottom right hand corner of the banner at the top of their website pages, which includes 'free shipping' and 'limited time offer').

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i have watch a couple of episodes and the picture quality is very good. I would equate the show to a combination of Night Gallery and Twilight Zone. I was too young to see the show it is first run, but i am glad that i have the show in my collection, I would recommend this show to anyone that likes Thriller/Night Gallery/Twilight Zone!!

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Still hasn't been shipped yet where I ordered it, but as a small kid I found it a pretty scary show back then so looking forward to receiving it now and of course it's filled with fine guest stars which is a great plus to a show like this.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
HenryDuBrow said:
Still hasn't been shipped yet where I ordered it, but as a small kid I found it a pretty scary show back then so looking forward to receiving it now and of course it's filled with fine guest stars which is a great plus to a show like this.
Hi Henry,
It is very suspenseful show from the few episode that i watched. I would have it up there with Thriller/Twilight Zone and Night Gallery. The episodes that i watch were interesting as you had to watch the flow of what was happening from start to finish. The ending of the episodes was very interesting!!
I would recommend this show those people that like Horror TV shows!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have watched a handful of episodes and i am very impressed with the quality. The stories line are unique, which i think are cross between night gallery and twilight zone. It was a shame that Sebastian Cabot was eliminated later on in the series and the name was changed to circle of fear.
I did notice also some excellent co-stars, like Angie Dickinson/david birney, etc, which was also very good!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i watched the final episode tonight and was very captivated by the story line, especially the acting of David Soul. I am growing a huge fan of Ghost Story as it appears to one of the last of the great anthology series. Yes, there were other series, including updated version of outer limits or tales from the darkside, etc.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Excellent news! Never saw this back in the day, and the only couple of episodes I've ever seen are the ones included in the William Castle collection. Immediate purchase!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Chas in CT said:
Excellent news!  Never saw this back in the day, and the only couple of episodes I've ever seen are the ones included in the William Castle collection.  Immediate purchase!
If you like shows such as Thriller, Twilight Zone, OuterLimits, Night Gallery, etc then this is show is down your line. The set up the episodes initially was Sebastian Cabot and then later was changed to circle of fear. The key aspect of the show is about ghost, but there are some amazing plots especially on people's guilt. When people do something wrong and feel guilty their subconscious mind plays tricks on them. This is part of the reason like Night Gallery, Twilight Zone, Thriller, etc are very successful to their fan base. I love shows like this as it has you thinking on what is happening on the show and how the puzzles are put together.!

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I'm nearing the end of this series, and I have to admit I'm not surprised it didn't last. The chief problem I'm seeing with a number of episodes is that they are basically one-note premises in which you know what the horrific danger is going to be from the get-go and what then follows is usually a story short on important elements of plot and a lot of overuse of atmospherics that especially loses their punch in an hour long format. Many of these shows I think would have worked better in a half hour format or with some better story construction but when I see an endless replay of the same spooky atmospherics I get more impatient than I do scared.
That said, there have been some standouts. There is a vampire episode starring an unrecognizable Hal Linden (he's without his usual mustache) that has one of the most horrifying shock endings imaginable.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Jack P said:
I'm nearing the end of this series, and I have to admit I'm not surprised it didn't last. The chief problem I'm seeing with a number of episodes is that they are basically one-note premises in which you know what the horrific danger is going to be from the get-go and what then follows is usually a story short on important elements of plot and a lot of overuse of atmospherics that especially loses their punch in an hour long format. Many of these shows I think would have worked better in a half hour format or with some better story construction but when I see an endless replay of the same spooky atmospherics I get more impatient than I do scared.
That said, there have been some standouts. There is a vampire episode starring an unrecognizable Hal Linden (he's without his usual mustache) that has one of the most horrifying shock endings imaginable.
Hi Jack,
I agree with your post about ghost showing only lasting one season. I watched many episodes and found in many cases similar concepts where used in many episodes. I still prefer Twilight Zone and the re-make of outerlimits over Ghost Story. I picked Ghost Story up as like shows with similar plots that Ghost Story was offering in their episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks