Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Ghost Story/Circle Of Fear DVD release 5/1/2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 of 24 OFFLINE   Joe Kelly

Joe Kelly

Stunt Coordinator

• 96 posts

Posted March 29 2012 - 04:35 AM

Great news. This was announced earlier this week on the TV Shows On DVD website. Here's the link: http://www.tvshowson...te-Series/16712 Sorry, the release date in this topic should be May 1st, 2012 (not 2011).

#2 of 24 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,363 posts

Posted March 31 2012 - 08:30 AM

i am glad to see more shows from the 1960s and 1970s are making it too dvd. I would take many of the 1960s and 1970s over anything tv produces today. There has been no real anthology shows since the re-make of outerlimits went off the air.

#3 of 24 OFFLINE   jim_falconer

jim_falconer

Supporting Actor

• 500 posts

Posted April 01 2012 - 03:09 AM

My wife loves this show (tells me how it spooked the daylights out of her as a kid).  Since it's being released on May 1st, maybe I'll pick it up for her as a Mother's Day gift.

#4 of 24 OFFLINE   Joe Kelly

Joe Kelly

Stunt Coordinator

• 96 posts

Posted April 05 2012 - 01:03 PM

Hey does anybody have any idea where to pre-order Ghost Story/Circle Of Fear (5/1/12)? Thanks, Joe Kelly

#5 of 24 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,363 posts

Posted April 07 2012 - 12:55 AM

Here is a link to Ghost Story http://www.amazon.co...33803206&sr=8-1 It is available on amazon.com, but not amazon.ca yet. It may be a few months before it shows up on amazon.ca. I have notify customer service for amazon.com that i am not happy with how new releases are handled on amazon.ca.

#6 of 24 OFFLINE   Guy Foulard

Guy Foulard

Second Unit

• 324 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 09:13 AM

The pre-order price for this has dropped down to a quite reasonable $41.99 (from list price of $55.99).

#7 of 24 OFFLINE   Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,569 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted April 17 2012 - 10:29 AM

A change in the thread title would help people to know that this was not a release last year, but is coming up next month. Posted Image

#8 of 24 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,363 posts

Posted April 21 2012 - 11:22 AM

I have checked out a few sites were i could see some of the episodes and get a feel for the show. The show looks interesting and one i like to add to my collection, but it is currently unavailable in Canada and the price from the united states is too costly for me. I may have to wait it out for a few months, like i did for twilight zone. It is it me or is there are some strange releases for TV shows, like Casablanca or Ghost Story/Circle of Fear. I welcome people thoughts and/or suggestions.

#9 of 24 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,316 posts

Posted April 22 2012 - 01:35 AM

Hi Paul, have you tried PlanetAxel? They have it and ship worldwide.

#10 of 24 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,363 posts

Posted April 22 2012 - 02:13 AM

Hi Paul, have you tried PlanetAxel? They have it and ship worldwide.

Hi Henry, The price is not much difference between amazon. I ended up just ordering the set from amazon. I will fit the set into my budget by reducing what i spend in the next few months. June does not appear to have anything i want so the ghost story will be like my june purchase. I also looking at tarzan down the road, especially if the price comes down and it is available in Canada. Amazon.ca is brutal with releases, especially on demand. Some on demand releases make it to Canada while others don't. I have complain to amazon.ca, but i just get scripted responses from india. Amazon.ca customer support center for Canada is brutal. I can not miss anthology series as i have twilight zone, night gallery, thriller, outerlimits (old and new), etc. I am still hoping in search of by leonard nimoy makes it to dvd. I watch a couple episodes yesterday and they would still be relevant in today's world along with Jacques Cousteau's work. It is too bad the school could show some of these old shows as the still have meaning today!!

#11 of 24 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted April 27 2012 - 09:30 AM

Don't know if this helps, but at the moment Planet Axel are offering free shipping on everything on their website at the moment (for a limited time). Thought there was a catch, but nope, free shipping (check the small print in the bottom right hand corner of the banner at the top of their website pages, which includes 'free shipping' and 'limited time offer').

#12 of 24 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,363 posts

Posted May 07 2012 - 01:33 PM

i have watch a couple of episodes and the picture quality is very good. I would equate the show to a combination of Night Gallery and Twilight Zone. I was too young to see the show it is first run, but i am glad that i have the show in my collection, I would recommend this show to anyone that likes Thriller/Night Gallery/Twilight Zone!!

#13 of 24 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,316 posts

Posted May 08 2012 - 12:32 AM

Still hasn't been shipped yet where I ordered it, but as a small kid I found it a pretty scary show back then so looking forward to receiving it now and of course it's filled with fine guest stars which is a great plus to a show like this.

#14 of 24 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,363 posts

Posted May 08 2012 - 01:08 AM

Still hasn't been shipped yet where I ordered it, but as a small kid I found it a pretty scary show back then so looking forward to receiving it now and of course it's filled with fine guest stars which is a great plus to a show like this.

Hi Henry, It is very suspenseful show from the few episode that i watched. I would have it up there with Thriller/Twilight Zone and Night Gallery. The episodes that i watch were interesting as you had to watch the flow of what was happening from start to finish. The ending of the episodes was very interesting!! I would recommend this show those people that like Horror TV shows!

#15 of 24 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,363 posts

Posted May 12 2012 - 02:33 PM

I have watched a handful of episodes and i am very impressed with the quality. The stories line are unique, which i think are cross between night gallery and twilight zone. It was a shame that Sebastian Cabot was eliminated later on in the series and the name was changed to circle of fear. I did notice also some excellent co-stars, like Angie Dickinson/david birney, etc, which was also very good!

#16 of 24 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,363 posts

Posted May 13 2012 - 02:40 PM

i watched the final episode tonight and was very captivated by the story line, especially the acting of David Soul. I am growing a huge fan of Ghost Story as it appears to one of the last of the great anthology series. Yes, there were other series, including updated version of outer limits or tales from the darkside, etc.

#17 of 24 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Producer

• 4,262 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted May 13 2012 - 04:20 PM

Excellent news!  Never saw this back in the day, and the only couple of episodes I've ever seen are the ones included in the William Castle collection.  Immediate purchase!

#18 of 24 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,363 posts

Posted May 19 2012 - 03:17 PM

Excellent news!  Never saw this back in the day, and the only couple of episodes I've ever seen are the ones included in the William Castle collection.  Immediate purchase!

If you like shows such as Thriller, Twilight Zone, OuterLimits, Night Gallery, etc then this is show is down your line. The set up the episodes initially was Sebastian Cabot and then later was changed to circle of fear. The key aspect of the show is about ghost, but there are some amazing plots especially on people's guilt. When people do something wrong and feel guilty their subconscious mind plays tricks on them. This is part of the reason like Night Gallery, Twilight Zone, Thriller, etc are very successful to their fan base. I love shows like this as it has you thinking on what is happening on the show and how the puzzles are put together.!

#19 of 24 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,160 posts

Posted May 22 2012 - 12:03 PM

I'm nearing the end of this series, and I have to admit I'm not surprised it didn't last. The chief problem I'm seeing with a number of episodes is that they are basically one-note premises in which you know what the horrific danger is going to be from the get-go and what then follows is usually a story short on important elements of plot and a lot of overuse of atmospherics that especially loses their punch in an hour long format. Many of these shows I think would have worked better in a half hour format or with some better story construction but when I see an endless replay of the same spooky atmospherics I get more impatient than I do scared. That said, there have been some standouts. There is a vampire episode starring an unrecognizable Hal Linden (he's without his usual mustache) that has one of the most horrifying shock endings imaginable.

#20 of 24 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,363 posts

Posted May 23 2012 - 06:23 PM

I'm nearing the end of this series, and I have to admit I'm not surprised it didn't last. The chief problem I'm seeing with a number of episodes is that they are basically one-note premises in which you know what the horrific danger is going to be from the get-go and what then follows is usually a story short on important elements of plot and a lot of overuse of atmospherics that especially loses their punch in an hour long format. Many of these shows I think would have worked better in a half hour format or with some better story construction but when I see an endless replay of the same spooky atmospherics I get more impatient than I do scared. That said, there have been some standouts. There is a vampire episode starring an unrecognizable Hal Linden (he's without his usual mustache) that has one of the most horrifying shock endings imaginable.

Hi Jack, I agree with your post about ghost showing only lasting one season. I watched many episodes and found in many cases similar concepts where used in many episodes. I still prefer Twilight Zone and the re-make of outerlimits over Ghost Story. I picked Ghost Story up as like shows with similar plots that Ghost Story was offering in their episodes.