What's new

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
My kids are big fans of the chipmunks - having bought the first 2 movies on sale for family movie nights. I took them to see this one in the theater...and it is just a bad movie - but more like 2 bad movies.
I would divide it up into the on the ship part, and the on the island part. Having the bad guy from the first movie running around in a pelican suit and mailing in his performance didn't help much either.
On the ship, you get the usual them getting into trouble script - with some strange dance-off between the chipettes and some club women. At least the ship part was a little amusing, but they soon manage to exit the ship and then it gets worse.
On the island, they throw in a reference to Cast Away with a woman talking to various balls with faces on them - and then having the balls actually chase around the chipmunks (didn't make much since to me either..and the kids were wondering why the balls were moving by themselves...) Add in the usual found treasure and volcano about to arrupt plot points for good measure...
Somehow my kids actually seemed to like it - but it was painful to have to pay for the 3 of them in the theater to watch this stuff.
I am probably going to wait for this one to end up in the $5.00 bin to complete my collection - but I wouldn't pay more than that for this stinker...

Jeff F.

Second Unit
My six-year-old loved the first two movies but hated this one. He kept asking me when it was going to end. This was 87 minutes of my life that I'll never get back! :(

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Jeff F. /t/319619/alvin-and-the-chipmunks-chipwrecked-blu-ray-review#post_3911875
My six-year-old loved the first two movies but hated this one. He kept asking me when it was going to end. This was 87 minutes of my life that I'll never get back!
Ha...that's exactly the feeling I had during the second one. I remember looking at my watch every 5 minutes thinking how excruciatingly painful it was, to have to watch this film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks