Jump to content



Sign up for a free account to remove the pop-up ads

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Announcement: Camelot (Blu-ray)


  • You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   James Luckard

James Luckard

    Stunt Coordinator



  • 210 posts
  • Join Date: Apr 21 2003

Posted March 31 2012 - 01:04 AM

It's even more confusing than that. it looks like the releases are as follows: 4/24 Digibook BD (wide) Normal BD (Amazon exclusive) 7/17 Normal BD (wide) DVD (wide) There are two separate listings for the normal BD at Amazon with the different release dates, just as there were for Lolita and Barry Lyndon when they were Amazon exclusives for a certain window. I hate digibooks, and was excited enough to see earlier today that I'd be able to buy a normal BD within 3 months of the digibook release, instead of the normal year+ Warner waits. The fact that I'll now be able to get a normal BD on release day, for under $15 makes this almost like Christmas in March:)

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

    Producer



  • 3,410 posts
  • Join Date: Oct 12 2005

Posted March 31 2012 - 09:14 PM

All these different roll-outs and that particular advertisement make me feel that they aren't kidding about any restoration this time. Any speculation as to what, exactly, they've done to that film? I also notice that with the digibook and so on, they're treating it like a Prestige title rather than just another catalog title. So far, so good--although from West Side Story we learned that the studios can indeed botch a film that otherwise is supposed to be receiving the royal treatment. One can only hope that they'll get Camelot right the first time--
 

 


#3 of 11 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

    Screenwriter



  • 1,310 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 31 2007
  • Real Name:Luke J. Chung
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted April 09 2012 - 02:30 PM




Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethan Riley /t/319617/whv-announcement-camelot-blu-ray#post_3912334

All these different roll-outs and that particular advertisement make me feel that they aren't kidding about any restoration this time. Any speculation as to what, exactly, they've done to that film? I also notice that with the digibook and so on, they're treating it like a Prestige title rather than just another catalog title. So far, so good--although from West Side Story we learned that the studios can indeed botch a film that otherwise is supposed to be receiving the royal treatment. One can only hope that they'll get Camelot right the first time--

George Feltenstein's the guy in charge of catalog reissues & restorations at Warner...he's been doing this since the days of laserdisc back in the early '80s with over 32 years experience at his job. Anything with his name attached to I consider to be reliable in quality, Ethan.Posted Image
 


 


#4 of 11 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

    Studio Mogul



  • 41,068 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 03 1997

Posted April 09 2012 - 02:34 PM

   
Quote:
George Feltenstein's the guy in charge of catalog reissues & restorations at Warner...he's been doing this since the days of laserdisc back in the early '80s with over 32 years experience at his job. Anything with his name attached to I consider to be reliable in quality, Ethan.
    Luke,   Thank you for that.   There is hardly anyone in home entertainment more dedicated to the classics than George Feltenstein.  It is the love of his life, and that love shines through all of the Warner releases his hands touch.   I don't think that's an exaggeration.  

 

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

 

 Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

 Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

 Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations


#5 of 11 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

    Screenwriter



  • 1,310 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 31 2007
  • Real Name:Luke J. Chung
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted April 09 2012 - 02:38 PM




Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein /t/319617/whv-announcement-camelot-blu-ray#post_3914806


 


 


 


 


Ethan,


 


Thank you for that.


 


There is hardly anyone in home entertainment more dedicated


to the classics than George Feltenstein.  It is the love of his life,


and that love shines through all of the Warner releases his hands


touch.


 


I don't think that's an exaggeration.  



It's Luke, Ron...but thanks for the kudos...Posted Image


 


#6 of 11 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

    Studio Mogul



  • 41,068 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 03 1997

Posted April 09 2012 - 02:41 PM

Luke,   I am sorry.  I looked at the post above yours and transposed the names.   I will change the original thread so that you get the proper respect you deserve.

 

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

 

 Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

 Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

 Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations


#7 of 11 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

    Screenwriter



  • 1,310 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 31 2007
  • Real Name:Luke J. Chung
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted April 09 2012 - 02:45 PM




Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein /t/319617/whv-announcement-camelot-blu-ray#post_3914810


Luke,


 


I am sorry.  I looked at the post above yours and transposed the names.


 


I will change the original thread so that you get the proper respect you deserve.


No worries, Ron...I've been a home theater fanatic since I bought my Pioneer VP-1000 Laserdisc player in June of 1980, so I have some knowledge as a long-time consumer/afficienado...this website's been a godsend to fans like me and I love posting and sharing with you and the membership!!!Posted Image
 


 





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users