What's new

SONY Bloggie Duo Question (1 Viewer)

Real Name
timmy
i am wondering if a sony bloggie duo footage when put on a tv, will it be a widescreen picture. i got the duo for my birthday. i will be filming my team's hockey games.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Um, welcome to HTF? Assuming this isn't a set up for a hit and run spam, I gotta say your questions don't make much sense.
There is no film here, were you meaning to ask a different question?
The latest Bloggie shoots in 1080p HD so yes it would be in Widescreen.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MHS-PM5-bloggie-Video-Camera/dp/B0031RGKVM
Is that the one you have?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Oh the duo, that's the name of the camera (that's a dumb name but not your fault!)
1920x1080p MP4 HD video w/5MP still images
So yep 3:2 still images and widescreen video.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Bloggie-Duo-Camera-Violet/dp/B004H8FNC6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1332873404&sr=1-1

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Moderator's Note:

I changed the title of this thread (from "film camera info") to more accurately reflect its content.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
goalieboy82 said:
what is the frame rate on the footage.
thanks
From one of the reviews on the page I linked:
For video, the settings are: 270 at 30fps, HD 720 at 30 fps, HD 720 at 60 fps (more suitable for sports and other fast action), and full HD 1080 at 30 fps. Files are recorded in MP4 format. Storage space for video recording will vary. For 480x270 (listed as `270' on the Bloggie), you can store up to 8 hours of video. At 720/30 fps this drops to 2 hours, at 720/60 fps 1 hour, or 40 minutes for 1080 mode. What it amounts to is you can record in the lowest HD mode for up to 2 hours. Also, the Bloggie will allow a half hour of continuous recording for any one movie file.

Real Name
timmy
i was at best buy tonight and saw this:
http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsus/en_US/pd/Wide-Angle_Lens/productID.221487600#compatibility
would it be possible to put onto the bloggie duo (model number MHS-FS2). if not, would anyone know what would be the best wide angle lens to put onto a bloggie duo?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The video quality looks pretty decent, Tim. I would suggest taking shorter clips of the better action from a stationary position and editing them together into a shorter video -- something that holds the viewer's interest. I know editing can be tedious -- it's the biggest reason I do not shoot video, as I have no patience to break down the video into usable clips and then construct a video from them. It makes you really appreciate the talent of film editors.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Shorter clips!
Editing is the hardest part of photography and especially of videography. Even folks who know you are unlikely to sit through an hour of bouncing video, focus on stability and getting your point across and showing the most interesting stuff and you are 95% of the way there!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks