Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

DBX subwoofer hook up question

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   lawoflift1

lawoflift1

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted April 19 2012 - 08:32 PM

Hey friend, I ran my DBX SW-15 for several years off of my Yamaha 5830 with great success. Just this week, pretty close to 20 years to the day that I bought it, my SW-15 died. Like many, it will not go to the boneyard, but I did purchase a Sony 10" powered sub to "get me by" until I have a rainy Saturday. Many on these forums will "sniff" at the DBX SW-15. Not me. That unit has given me 20 years of house-shaking, neighbor knocking pleasure. I bought it right before the first of my three children were born. They grew up dancing to it thumping and knocking things off of shelves. It has played everything from Tool to The Backstreet Boys. It has been moved from MN to OH and back to MN. I ran it quite successfully with the DBX MPA - 150 amp I bought at the same time. Great combo. Are there better, more high quality subs? Yes. But, at over 50, I suspect my ears a little duller than they were decades ago. For the money (especially in your "rescue" mode), I think you made a tremendous find. If you have questions, feel free to ping me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users