What's new

Then came Bronson...and his public domain movies (1 Viewer)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
While spacing through J&R Music World's dvd section (one of the few left in Manhattan), I particularly searched their vast pd titles. It seems that quite a few Charles Bronson titles have never had legitimate dvd releases such as Lola, CaboBlanco, Chino, and 2 others -Love and Bullets and Borderline havent even made it to pd. I assume Lionsgate controls Borderline and Bullets, but do they have any rights to the Avco/Embassy release of CaboBlanco? Lola has had a few legit vhs releases, and American International once had distribution rights in theaters , but this seems to have slipped away. I'd like to see this unusual Bronson vehicle restored and uncut . But what of Chino? Also known as VALDEZ HORSES. It has never rec eived a legit release-always on a budget label. Anyoner of these 3 films are more interesting than White Buffalo, and in the case of Love and Bullets/ Borderline , they aree actually very good films.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
CABOBLANCO was always a little weird - that was produced by Lance Hool in one of those "Europudding" finance deals, so Embassy released it in theatres, but Media put it out on VHS and the TV rights went with Viacom. I would think maybe Paramount has it, otherwise it reverted back to Hool and his consortium. Documentation is a little cloudy, but CHINO was a Dino DeLaurentiis production that had been planned as a Paramount release, but they let go of it and it went out instead through tiny Intercontinental Releasing Corporation. There was a legit VHS release through Warner Home Video (who released a couple other Intercontinental titles) and I believe a Rhino VHS release was also legit. My hunch is that this would be at MGM, either through Intercontinental's library being fused into Manson International (where their rights to BARE KNUCKLES came from), or from DeLaurentiis himself, since rights to many of his '70's films (DRUM, THE SERPENT'S EGG) wound up in the Polygram package MGM bought. If not MGM, then my next guess would be Canal+ since they also got the bulk of DeLaurentiis' overseas rights along with the DEG titles during that company's brief life.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks