What's new

3D WW ll in 3-D (1 Viewer)

GregK

Screenwriter
Steve Tannehill said:
There was no stereo separation. it looked like flat, still images, except for the training video which just did not look like it was 3D at all.
Hi Steve,
If time permits, try giving this disc another spin. I wonder if the 3-D function was inadvertantly shut off or in a wrong mode the first time around. I found this feature to have a healthy dose of parallax, more so than many of the recent wave of 3-D features.
I've attached a couple of images from the 3D Bluray. One is in the R/L viewing configuration for glasses free viewing for those who how. The other two are shown in anaglyph (red lens over left eye) ..simply to highlight the parallax.
ba1c5497_WW23D_7m35s_CE.jpeg

dffd5136_WW23D_7m35s_ana.jpeg

49b2ddf4_WW23D_40m49s_AlliesInFrance_ana.jpeg

Image notes: The sample 3-D images above are shown as a R/L pair for glasses-free cross-eyed 3-D viewing, and as anaglyphs (red/cyan) to highlight parallax differences. The disc itself utilizes the recent 3-D Bluray standards for today's 3DTVs, bears the licensed 3D Bluray logo, and is mastered to play as standard 2-D on systems not equipped with 3-D capabilities.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Is the Blu-ray in anaglyph? If it's anaglyph, I'll pass.
To paraphrase Gilbert & Sullivan, I hate anaglyph with a loathing that borders on absolute detestation.
Your matched stereo pair for free-eye viewing works very well with a Lorgnette viewer:
13b28160_glass_lornette.jpeg

It works for antique stereocards very well.
125ca61b_photog-NYC-1.jpeg

626b506a_COBBLER.jpeg

8b0e19a0_FACTORY.jpeg

00f32858_COWBOY-1.jpeg

00cf5b87_GRAND-4.jpeg

dd56526d_ROOSE-2.jpeg

59dc8aec_ROOSE-4.jpeg

569406aa_MINERS-4.jpeg

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
No, it's not anaglyph. Greg just created those images to show the amount of parallax between left/right.
I really enjoyed this disc and thought the 3-D was quite good.
It's nice to see something with real depth. I'm getting a bit annoyed with the nearly flat images being passed off as 3-D in many of the new films!
Bob

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Your matched stereo pair for free-eye viewing works very well with a Lorgnette viewer:
It works for antique stereocards very well.
Aren't you seeing those in reverse 3-D with that viewer???

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Nope.
The lenses toes the eye inward exactly the same as the stereo opticon:
e4faf8ad_ROCKWELL1922.jpeg

on it's more streamlined.

JamesNelson

Second Unit
Real Name
James Nelson
I think Bob was referring to the fact that Greg's WWII screen cap was R/L while the stereocards are L/R. It's going to appear reverse 3-D for one of them.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
GregK said:
Hi Steve,
If time permits, try giving this disc another spin. I wonder if the 3-D function was inadvertantly shut off or in a wrong mode the first time around. I found this feature to have a healthy dose of parallax, more so than many of the recent wave of 3-D features.
All the settings on my Oppo and Mits are set to automatic. I am wondering if the disc is not flagged properly, and manual settings are required.

GregK

Screenwriter
To avoid any confusion for those who may "skim" through these threads, I've modified my previous post with an image note at the bottom.
Steve Tannehill said:
All the settings on my Oppo and Mits are set to automatic. I am wondering if the disc is not flagged properly, and manual settings are required.
Hi Steve,
The reason I asked is my upstairs Vizio 3DTV, which I really do like, does have one small irrating quirk: When the display switches from 2-D to 3-D, it flashes an on-screen 3-D notice alert for roughly 5-7 seconds. If I don't select the OK part of the notice in that time period, the notice disappears and the display reverts to 2-D. If I don't have my remote in hand, its easy enough to switch it back into the 3-D mode anytime afterwards. But with possible little got-yas like that, I thought I would mention trying to give it another spin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks