Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

21 Jump Street - quick review

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,625 posts

Posted March 25 2012 - 07:26 AM

The cinematic treatment and update of "21 Jump Street", featuring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum, was fairly entertaining. In keeping with the theme of sending in young-looking police officers to work undercover as students at a high school to ferret out the new potent drug before it spreads to other high schools, both Hill and Tatum have some fun with their characters, and the freaky Friday mix-up of their undercover identities, which land both of them in uncharted social circles, and the results are pretty funny. The script even makes some meta-fun at the generic send-up of making movies out of old TV shows, and cliched movie genre moments (car chases and the inevitable explosions from collisions, etc.). Both Hill and Tatum have decent on-screen buddy-buddy chemistry, and the film moves along quite well, and provides laughs in most of the scenes. I give it 3 stars or a grade of B.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 3 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,468 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted March 25 2012 - 10:23 AM

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the movie. One thing I loved was how Channing Tatum was like a fish out of water when they went back to high school. The gag with him chastising Jonah Hill for using two straps on a backpack was funny because when I was in high school, no one would have two-strapped it either. The various cameos were very fun too.

#3 of 3 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,157 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted March 25 2012 - 09:17 PM

I must admit I enjoyed this film and laughed throughout its running time.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users